Minor one; no oil at blast tube | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Minor one; no oil at blast tube in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys and girls.

Ok I have a Minor one oil fired burner on a Stanley super star range. the tank ran out of oil and now re filled.

Have bled the pump, good starting pressure at 10 bar. Have checked the electrodes, I have a spark, cleaned the photo cell, attempts to fire and then goes to lock out.

There is oil to the pump and a good flow.

Checked the High pressure pipe from the fuel pump to the nozzle, that is clear. Replaced the nozzle.

Have checked replaced the photo cell, makes no difference.

Swopped the fuel pump BFP 11 R3, including a solenoid coil; makes no difference.

I am i missing some thing here ~

How do you know you have no oil coming through the nozzle?
If no oil is coming through, but you have oil pressure, then the pipe to nozzle or the nozzle itself is blocked, - simple as that. I should add, the solenoid needs to be getting power eventually from the control box.
10 bar pressure is a bit high, - isn't it?

Last edited:
How do you know you have no oil coming through the nozzle?
If no oil is coming through, but you have oil pressure, then the pipe to nozzle or the nozzle itself is blocked, - simple as that. I should add, the solenoid needs to be getting power eventually from the control box.
10 bar pressure is a bit high, - isn't it?

I'd say so....

Have you listened to it starting up and going through the ignition process?

Sounds like control box could be donald ducked because somebody kept pressing the lockout button!

Bars are just so unimpressive. PSIs are nice big numbers, - and far easier to have accuracy.
105 psi for example is just not obtainable in bars in these wee bar gauges.
Same as kw and btus.
I went to an oil boiler that had been tampered with and oil pressure was over 20 bar. I would have preferred to make a big issue of it to the customers in psi. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
Wait until you can get hold of somebody with...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Back