must I clean magnacleans on boiler service?!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss must I clean magnacleans on boiler service?!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The other day was doing a inspection. The guy says that the last time he has the boiler service the engineer cleaned the system filter (magnacleans). Is this the job for the engineer. As. I find doing this task ( breaking the seals) can cause the seals to leak no matter how hard or tight you end up, and would mean application of a new gasket kit.
Have any of you guys experience this!
As you can't get replacement rubbers from wickes screwfix B&Q Halford Argos Sainsbury ToysRus Toolstation..
Anywhere

Had to bypass and order new kit

I always clean them as it seems silly to clean the boiler get it working properly and then allow more carp to go into it

Okay..!

try a proper plumbers merchant, or ring adey direct and get some....................................................why would you think of any of the places you mentioned would possibly have them?

Because I was astounded to find all these DIY stores with rubber in packs and none fit the isolation valves.... on a Sunday...

Yep, no point fitting them if they ain't getting cleaned?! Unless you know the system is spotless & there was nothing on the filter last year...

For I spot the old original Magnaclean I will warn them the valves could leak if they want it cleaned...

Yea - the old valves leak, and the new ones are approaching £20. Also the valve washers are NOT standard, but Adey sent me some FOC. I always waen before isolating

Fancy a swap a 900x900 shower tray in box with fittings. For the lot.. bargain

this is why i like TF1 filters, no need to break the main seals to give it a clean,

image.jpg this was from today's

If you are doing a service, and the system has a filter fitted, what logical explaination is there to not clean the filter?? BTW, if you contact Adey or TF1, they will send you replacement seals and spanners FOC. If I have none in Van, silicone grease does the trick easily. Infact, every filter I clean, I automatically apply siliconer grease before reassembling. Have never had a leak

Flip your hand is very clean... yes I see. That's either a large 12 rad system or weren't clean in past. Never seen one that bad.

Funny thing the amount of types of magnacleans. But all doing the same thing. I like the grasslin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
What about a potterton kingfisher 2?
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
Easy check to see if you are getting vosiation...
Replies
Views
It’s probably not mate,as long as your doing...
Replies
Views
Back