My boiler pressure keeps rising in Glow worm combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss My boiler pressure keeps rising in Glow worm combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A2jdl

Hello all
i wounder if someone could help me.

About 6 months ago i had a new Glow worm combi boiler fitted, and ever since the boiler pressure has been rising resulting in me have to bleed the rads to lower the pressure.

The plumber has been back a couple of times and he says all it can be it the service valves must be leaking and disconnects the filling loop. A glow worm Engineer came once re another problem with the boiler, i said why the plumber disconnected the filling loop and he said thats rubbish and reconnected it. Having the filling loop disconnected does not stop the problem by the way.

Recently a glow worm engineer came out and said it cant be the boiler but replaced the heat exchanger just in case it was that. He again reconnected the filling loop as he checked the service valves and said thats not the problem.

The pressure does not go up when the heating isnt running, and when i bleed the rads its air that comes out.
So glow worm are saying it cant be the boiler, and the plumber doesn't know what it is, any help anybody ?
thanks

What model combi and how many rads do you have? How many of them are doubles?

Disconnect your fill loop, it's the glowworm guys talking tosh.

What model combi and how many rads do you have? How many of them are doubles?

Disconnect your fill loop, it's the glowworm guys talking tosh.
Its a Flexicom 30CX
there a 9 rads and 5 of them are double rads.
Having the filling loop disconnected didnt make any difference, i can try again thou. The plumber screwed a bung in the ends when he did, is this essential, and the glow worm guys took them away.

you need to leave well alone for a bit, as your constant bleeding and filling introduces fresh water into the system that causes corrosion, which means gas in the system so you bleed the rads and off we go again. during use the boiler pressure should start at cold with 1 bar and rise when warm to 2 -2.5 max. if thats happening thats normal, if it goes higher ie 3bar then there is another issue any DECENT technician can sort out fairly quickly, so forget gloworm and their opinion and get a decent lad in to look.

you need to leave well alone for a bit, as your constant bleeding and filling introduces fresh water into the system that causes corrosion, which means gas in the system so you bleed the rads and off we go again. during use the boiler pressure should start at cold with 1 bar and rise when warm to 2 -2.5 max. if thats happening thats normal, if it goes higher ie 3bar then there is another issue any DECENT technician can sort out fairly quickly, so forget gloworm and their opinion and get a decent lad in to look.
I know it does go up when in use, what i mean is its the when cold pressure that keeps rising.
In a week if the heating is on every day it will rise from about 1 bar up to near 2 bar.

thats fairly normal, like I said leave the system alone, tape over your pressure readout and find a decent hobby, your buggering up your heating system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
Back