'No Code' flo toilet problem..........please help? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 'No Code' flo toilet problem..........please help? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frostbite

Hi

We have a 'no code' flo close coupled cistern; there appears to be a leak from the waste connection as we get minor flooding on the floor when we flush the toilet; problem I am having is trying to work out how to get the thing apart!!
i can get the lid of cistern but thats about as far as i can get...........the pan goes flush to the wall so there is no access to any water connections, cistern bolts etc what so ever.................
would any one be able to advise what I do next to get the cistern off the pan so I can then lift pan up to check waste connection ( & tighten the toilet seat bracket that the plumber left loose).
Help please !!

Many Thanks

FB

If its a close coupled with a closed back on the pan aswell you probably need to take out the fixings on the side of the pan at the bottom, then carefully cut any silicone with a Stanley knife. Then slide the toilet forward a bit which will probably reveal a flexi connection with a ballofix on the cold inlet which you can turn off then disconnect, then you can carefully pull the whole toilet away from the wall and out of the pan connecter. If its leaking when you flush it you will probably need a new foam doughnut washer.

Sorry, I read that is in it was leaking from inbetween the cistern and pan when flushing. If its leaking from the pan connecter just check its on properly. If its a flexi type which they quite often are when people fit these closed back close coupled toilets, then change it for a new flexible multikwik, the one with the jubilee clip that clamps on to the waste outlet spigot on the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
A
Is it the type with 2 grub screws that wind in...
Replies
Views
Back