Oil Fired System | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil Fired System in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wormscoffer

Hello all

I've very cheekily created an account and am posting to see if I can get some assistance with my heating.

I had a problem with a steady emission of hot water from my system (via a drain pipe) so had a look at the boiler. I noticed the pressure gauge was way above the red marker so tentatively turned a few valves until I found one that reduced the pressure. However, now the pressure is lower but I have no central heating (hot water is OK).

So.......I acknowledge I may need to get a heating engineer in but I hate not understanding something so am hoping someone can take a look at my pictures and give me an explanation of what's what.

HeatingDiagramNo7.png

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to post a URL so just copy/paste this into your browser address bar for more images: 1drv.ms/1Rh2pBw

get a techie out to replace a part that is now knackered, be about £45 for the part and around £85 for labour if it was me doing the work. Might need another £20 if a valve is kaput

Thanks for the reply.

However, even if I can't repair anything myself and it's possible my insurance will won't permit that anyway I'd still like to understand how the system works. That's not unreasonable.

Is anyone able and willing to explain what all the different pipes into and out of the boiler actually do? My last system was a gas fired combi and was simple and logical.

I feel that if I tell the world how to repair everything I wont get any work, hence why I give all my vehicles to a garage to service, get lads to paint and repair my house and thus put back the money I earn into the pot for others to earn. so telling you exactly whats wrong will mean you have a go and potentially may do something untoward that may lead to you killing you or someone else, hence why I gave you an idea of costs so you dont get seen off, plus you have insurance so not an issue anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
SimonG - Did you notice my location? My French isn't good enough to talk technical plumbing with an engineer who speaks no English or else I would.

Lame plumber - Many people maintain their own cars which can potentially kill them or others. The sensible thing is to know when you're out of your depth and pay for an expert. Many people DIY in my area of expertise but I don't get all protective about it.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply but it's of no help. I will find out what I would like to know but it seems not here.

Just read through a few other threads on this forum and get the picture now.

My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Brilliant! all done & i've marked it so i...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back