Oil men | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil men in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am not an oil man myself but one of my customers who I have done lots of work for in their own home has a remote workshop with an oil boiler (camray quartet Riello burner) I have been there this morning not to look at the boiler but he asked me to look at it while I was there. Anyway it fires up runs for about 4-5 seconds then stops firing (motor keeps running) then the same again and it will continue to cycle this way but does not lock out. Any suggestions or do I get someone who knows what they are doing

best to get someone in who carries the bit needed and can set one up on his pressure gauges etc.

I've got a gauge set, smoke pump etc. I've had them years but never really used them I am not an oil man it smells to much

I didn`t do anything as its not my thing, he can do without as its only a workshop for killing sheep

I left it - he left it - yesterday he needed it.
For all that's interested it was one of the two solenoid coils that were open circuit

Two solenoids? Two stage burner? RL28? 1st stage solenoid? Second stage solenoid failure would leave the burner stuck in first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
Would agree eliminate possible fuel issues...
Replies
Views
Back