Oil tank alarm | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil tank alarm in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Oftec guys recommend me a decent oil tank alarm.. anyone fitted a tank defender before?

I dont use them. Just tell custs to use a cheap padlock. The scrotes will be in if they want to and its cheaper to replace a quid padlock than the whole tank when they drill it to bypass an expensive lock.

I dont use them. Just tell custs to use a cheap padlock. The scrotes will be in if they want to and its cheaper to replace a quid padlock than the whole tank when they drill it to bypass an expensive lock.

Disappointed, was hoping for a flash bang gizmo to scare the little scrotes tbh. lol

Oftec guys recommend me a decent oil tank alarm.. anyone fitted a tank defender before?

Have you ever tried this product before Friso eurovac ? What's let of tank have you got ? Is it double wall or single ?

Maybe you could try installing Friso eurovac ... This product comes with a combined probe for water and oil ... But it's your choice you can go For a different model if you like ... They are pretty good ... I mean the probes are quite sensitive in terms of getting wet or insects getting stuck in between.

Maybe you could try installing Friso eurovac ... This product comes with a combined probe for water and oil ... But it's your choice you can go For a different model if you like ... They are pretty good ... I mean the probes are quite sensitive in terms of getting wet or insects getting stuck in between.

Where can I source one of these matchless? any idea of cost?

Either you can order them from Germany direct ... Just give them a call and tell them what sort of product you need they will definitely tell you what model you require ... Or you can buy it on eBay brand new but a little bit pricy my friend :)

200e but it's high quality

Sorry this one here is a lot cheaper and brand new it's for water and oil .. As I said they are very good the alarm goes off when getting in touch with any sort of liquid or the wire is broken , anything like that

Where is the tank installed ?

[video]http://www.ebay.de/itm/Afriso-OWWG-3-Ol-Wasser-Warngerat-inklusive-Sonde/331781567709?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D36849%26meid%3Db179054ad6ce4870b055a7dfa7d6 5bc9%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D201 587792887[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we talking bund alarm? I bought one from heating world of spares last year. Wasnt cheap though.

Are we talking bund alarm? I bought one from heating world of spares last year. Wasnt cheap though.

No a decent anti theft alarm Simon, pricing a job the want a tidy one. Like what matchless has posted, but not in Germany haha ^^

Sorry this one here is a lot cheaper and brand new it's for water and oil .. As I said they are very good the alarm goes off when getting in touch with any sort of liquid or the wire is broken , anything like that

Where is the tank installed ?

[video]http://www.ebay.de/itm/Afriso-OWWG-3-Ol-Wasser-Warngerat-inklusive-Sonde/331781567709?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D36849%26meid%3Db179054ad6ce4870b055a7dfa7d6 5bc9%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D201 587792887[/video]

The tank is going to be installed in their garden matchless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So getting back to my original question, do...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
what is the elevation and run length between...
Replies
Views
Back