Pricing for boiler swop | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pricing for boiler swop in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Heat only boiler and cylinder out and new combi in. Combi in same place but condense to run somewhere. Easy gas run if upgrade reqd. With pipework, disconnect tanks etc does 500 labour only seem too much?

Heat only boiler and cylinder out and new combi in. Combi in same place but condense to run somewhere. Easy gas run if upgrade reqd. With pipework, disconnect tanks etc does 500 labour only seem too much?
not if you do it in a couple of hours!!!!!!!

You have to get there. What about flux, solder wear and tear on drills etc. Whos gonna register it? What about when its the wrong flue. Pipe and fittings?

Dont sell yourself short.

I'd be wanting £720 for a conversion to combi. But that's with 3m or less of condense run.

Put a ball park to this lot :) Its priced and gone back to cust. All supply and fit.

To co-ordinate with customer and Calor for installation of above ground tank and pipework. Concrete base will be required for siting of tank which is not included in estimate. Assumption also made that Calors 12m of free pipework will take this adjacent to location of boiler.
To supply and install new LPG pipework to boiler location and oven/hob location. Assuming kitchen installers making final connection to oven/hob.
To supply and install external potable water tank, capacity 2,500 litres, complete with associated fittings. To modify existing water pipework to feed tank. The water tank will require a concrete base which is not included in estimate. It is 1.4m in diameter.
To supply and install 3 stage sediment filter in plant room, complete with means of isolation, water fittings and spare set of filter cartridges
To supply and install bacterial filter in plant room, complete with means of isolation, water fittings and spare filter cartridge.
To supply and install whole house water pressurisation pump in plant room, complete with fittings.
To supply and install Worscester LPG heat only boiler in existing boiler room.
To sign off boiler install and notify through Gas Safe competent person scheme.
To supply and install 210 litre unvented cylinder in plant room, complete with expansion vessel and associated safety equipment. Safety devices to be terminated external to plant room as per current G3 Building Regulations.
To sign off unvented cylinder and notify building control through OFTEC competent persons scheme.
To supply and install all heating system controls in plant room. S Plan control system to be utilised giving 2 port control valves for heating and hot water. Bedroom radiator to have it’s own independent circuit to allow for different timings in living areas and bedroom areas.
To supply and install central heating filter in plant room to provide ongoing protection of system.
To supply and install expansion vessel and fitting kit in plant room. Safety valve discharge to be routed external to plant room.
To supply and install radiator to plant room to provide background heating. Hot and cold water supplies also available in plant room. Valved supplies to be provided for future use.
To supply and install Acova radiators to Living Room x 2, Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom and Cloak Room. Radiators supplied with wall brackets and mounting feet. Radiators to have thermostatic radiator valves, except in rooms with programmable room thermostats.
To supply and install new heating pipework in copper pipe and fittings. Feeding radiators and ran below surface of walls.
To flush heating pipework with cleanser, fresh water and then adding inhibitor prior to heat testing and balancing of radiators.
To heat test and balance.
To supply and install hot and cold water pipework in copper pipe and fittings. Valved hot and cold supply to be terminated in kitchen for kitchen fitters. Waste pipework already in situ in kitchen. Valved hot and cold water supplies to be terminated in bathroom for wc, basin, bath and shower. Termination points to be advised by customer. Further hot and cold valved supplies to be terminated in cloakroom for wc and basin. Termination points to be advised by customer.
To supply and install appropriately sized waste pipework for basin x 2, bath and shower. All pipework to be run above floor level due to exposed beams in kitchen. All waste pipes to terminate in existing external soil stack using propriety fittings.
To insulate all exposed pipework within plant room and other cold areas within the building. All insulation to be thick walled.
To insulate water supply pipework from water tank and install trace heating from tank to inside plant room to ensure continuation of supply in cold weather conditions.

To instruct customer on operation of all plant and equipipment.
To provide handover documentation with manufacturers warranties and contacts for spares. i.e. filter cartridges etc.

All work guaranteed.

How long do you think the conversion will take you? What is your day rate? Are you supplying materials, if so what mark up are you putting on them?

You subbying for B.G with villatom?!

No, cust had a plumber for the last two months who, apart from two short site visits, has been nowhere near. Last time he upset the blokes wife by telling her she couldn't have column rads and she couldn't have them where she wanted. Bathroom and kitchen going in at end of month so he's tight for time and I've sold it well when I've spoke to him.

He likes what he's getting and happy to pay a premium for it. So I'm very happy and it will show on the completed job. :)

Two of us were hoping to do it in a day. We will supply materials all at extra cost. Boiler and flue comes to £1210. 30kw worcester combi. Not got any real buying power/discount at merchants. Was thinking pipe/fittings £200. I will register boiler with gas safe. I personally would have said £2500 but my mate who has been asked to quote the job was looking at under £2k.

Put a ball park to this lot :) Its priced and gone back to cust. All supply and fit.

To co-ordinate with customer and Calor for installation of above ground tank and pipework. Concrete base will be required for siting of tank which is not included in estimate. Assumption also made that Calors 12m of free pipework will take this adjacent to location of boiler.
To supply and install new LPG pipework to boiler location and oven/hob location. Assuming kitchen installers making final connection to oven/hob.
To supply and install external potable water tank, capacity 2,500 litres, complete with associated fittings. To modify existing water pipework to feed tank. The water tank will require a concrete base which is not included in estimate. It is 1.4m in diameter.
To supply and install 3 stage sediment filter in plant room, complete with means of isolation, water fittings and spare set of filter cartridges
To supply and install bacterial filter in plant room, complete with means of isolation, water fittings and spare filter cartridge.
To supply and install whole house water pressurisation pump in plant room, complete with fittings.
To supply and install Worscester LPG heat only boiler in existing boiler room.
To sign off boiler install and notify through Gas Safe competent person scheme.
To supply and install 210 litre unvented cylinder in plant room, complete with expansion vessel and associated safety equipment. Safety devices to be terminated external to plant room as per current G3 Building Regulations.
To sign off unvented cylinder and notify building control through OFTEC competent persons scheme.
To supply and install all heating system controls in plant room. S Plan control system to be utilised giving 2 port control valves for heating and hot water. Bedroom radiator to have it’s own independent circuit to allow for different timings in living areas and bedroom areas.
To supply and install central heating filter in plant room to provide ongoing protection of system.
To supply and install expansion vessel and fitting kit in plant room. Safety valve discharge to be routed external to plant room.
To supply and install radiator to plant room to provide background heating. Hot and cold water supplies also available in plant room. Valved supplies to be provided for future use.
To supply and install Acova radiators to Living Room x 2, Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom and Cloak Room. Radiators supplied with wall brackets and mounting feet. Radiators to have thermostatic radiator valves, except in rooms with programmable room thermostats.
To supply and install new heating pipework in copper pipe and fittings. Feeding radiators and ran below surface of walls.
To flush heating pipework with cleanser, fresh water and then adding inhibitor prior to heat testing and balancing of radiators.
To heat test and balance.
To supply and install hot and cold water pipework in copper pipe and fittings. Valved hot and cold supply to be terminated in kitchen for kitchen fitters. Waste pipework already in situ in kitchen. Valved hot and cold water supplies to be terminated in bathroom for wc, basin, bath and shower. Termination points to be advised by customer. Further hot and cold valved supplies to be terminated in cloakroom for wc and basin. Termination points to be advised by customer.
To supply and install appropriately sized waste pipework for basin x 2, bath and shower. All pipework to be run above floor level due to exposed beams in kitchen. All waste pipes to terminate in existing external soil stack using propriety fittings.
To insulate all exposed pipework within plant room and other cold areas within the building. All insulation to be thick walled.
To insulate water supply pipework from water tank and install trace heating from tank to inside plant room to ensure continuation of supply in cold weather conditions.

To instruct customer on operation of all plant and equipipment.
To provide handover documentation with manufacturers warranties and contacts for spares. i.e. filter cartridges etc.

All work guaranteed.

Jesus, it will take me an hour to read!!

Two of us were hoping to do it in a day. We will supply materials all at extra cost. Boiler and flue comes to £1210. 30kw worcester combi. Not got any real buying power/discount at merchants. Was thinking pipe/fittings £200. I will register boiler with gas safe. I personally would have said £2500 but my mate who has been asked to quote the job was looking at under £2k.
If flush Aswell then more like £2776

Just finished doing same job priced at £450.00 a day for 2 days work Plus scrap and my god there's was loads of it Kerching.

Price also has a lot to do with which part of the country you are in and how good a salesmen you are.

Strat your well within your rights at £2500 , i think so any way,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Back