Problem with Fortic Boiler and Triton shower, related? dont know | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Problem with Fortic Boiler and Triton shower, related? dont know in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

I have the following issues which I hope you can help with, being new to this please excuse me if my terminology is not the greatest. I am however a capable DIYer with a little help from here I hope to deal with the issues below without having to call out an expensive plumber.

1. In my flat I have installed a Fortic F1 S7 Combination Cylinder Boiler, please see the attached picture the boiler periodically leaks from the gap between the top and bottom tanks. So my question is what is causing this and what do I have to do to fix? from time to time there is a loud noise coming from the boiler especially when I run the bath.

2. Then I have a credo 550c shower fitted where the low pressure indicator is constantly on. The shower does not let any water out adjusting the temp from hot all the way through to cold makes no difference there is no water what so ever. I have purchased a new solenoid coil will this fix the problem with the low pressure indicator? If not what should I try?

Could the above two issues be related?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope with your help I can fix the problems myself and save some much needed money.

Attachments

• Fortic F1 leaking.jpg
    Fortic F1 leaking.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 69
I think we expensive plumbers would call that cylinder knackered! Did you buy it brand new?

Don't think it's the best way to start your post by saying you don't wont to pay for an "expensive Plumber"

Don't think it's the best way to start your post by saying you don't wont to pay for an "expensive Plumber"

Those 2 words stopped me posting.

If you're a competent DIYer I'm sure you can figure out solutions to you're problems. Throwing loads of parts at a £100 shower is better than calling an experienced, sorry, meant to say expensive plumber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I apologise for my use of words last thing i want to do is offend anyone on this forum, sorry to all those I offended with my bad choice of words.

What I wanted to say is as with most people these days I am skint and cannot afford the expense of paying a plumber money which i dont have.

Sorry

Lol, that's better.

Cylinders knackered and showers usually not worth repairing when you consider cost of replacement with warranty etc.

Thanks guys for replies I will now be replacing the boiler first and hopefully this will resolve the issue with shower, if not as per your advice I will replace that also.

LOL. How is replacing a cylinder going to rectify an electric shower? Get a plumber in before you spend your life savings

not gonna swap the boiler yourself are you i know you need to save money but its a myth that us lads charge a fortune and i the long run we keep you saf

not gonna swap the boiler yourself are you i know you need to save money but its a myth that us lads charge a fortune and i the long run we keep you saf

It's not a boiler it's a cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Back