Question about boiler cutting out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Question about boiler cutting out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anna1986

Hi there

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri condensing boiler. We are currently having work done to replace our bathroom and our boiler stopped working 5 days ago. The workmen have taken a look at it twice but so far haven't fixed it, and while they are waiting to get someone to look at it I was wondering if I could find anything out online.

The problem is as follows:

Try to run hot tap, no hot water. Tried resetting boiler and turning off but no change. The blue boiler light comes on and occasionally flashes, but then turns to solid blue. The green light comes on for around 15 seconds as the boiler sounds like it fires, but then goes silent and the green light goes out. Have also tried turning the central heating on in case that got it started but no heat in the radiators and no action from the boiler.

Is there anything obvious that I can ask them to check? Would it have some kind of safety valve that could have cut out as they've been turning the system on and off to fit the bathroom? Would air in the system cause it to cut out? Any help much appreciated!

Many thanks
Anna

Whats the pressure showing on the boiler pressure gauge?

Thanks for the replies, no there isn't a pressure gauge. Is it likely that the pressure is too low in that case? The bathroom is being fitted by B&Q, would you expect them to send out the engineer?

Thanks again!

They touched the radiator?

Get your own gas engineer out. I wouldnt trust b and q as far as I could throw them.

Thanks for the replies, no there isn't a pressure gauge. Is it likely that the pressure is too low in that case? The bathroom is being fitted by B&Q, would you expect them to send out the engineer?

Thanks again!

No. it's not their responsibility. Don't let them touch it!

if they have changed a rad or towel rail then yes its there responsibility not familiar with the boiler but if its sealed system then there must be a way to see the water pressure in it try looking at your user instructions possibly a combination of button presses will bring it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks for your help
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back