salus rt500rf wont fire up the boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss salus rt500rf wont fire up the boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cboyer

im wondering if anyone can help me? just had a sparky wire this up for me and im sure its wired up correct,
i turn the thermostat up to 24 just to test and a little flame shows on the l.e.d the wireless reciever then clicks and a green light comes on but the boiler (baxi) doesnt fire up? any ideas would be hugely appreciated cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
any ideas to what it can be? is it a simple swap round or anything?

Could be a faulty receiver unit, but more than likely wrongly wired either on the unit or into the boiler
When you get the spark back, make sure he alters the dip switches from the default setting
Or get a heating guy to do it all properly:grin:

its a baxi boiler,he said that is the only way it could go, he tried switching the wires around and it didnt come on at all, i am looking at these dip switches now what are they supposed to be like please?

Might be a long shot but I had one of these go haywire with an install and it turned out to be someone across the street with the same receiver. Pretty sure it gives some info in the manual and it can be sorted using the switches on the back as has been suggested above!

turn up the thermostat on the boiler up and make sure its on hot water and heating!

It was a loose wiring connection between the common (C) and the normally open (NO) in the box mounted near the boilerboiler all working now cheers

Glad to hear it's all working, click the button at the top to remember your details so if you post again we know it's you and not a random person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yea don’t hold the spanner as this isn’t for...
Replies
Views
S
Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Back