Saunier Duval Boiler Issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Saunier Duval Boiler Issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrewstokes87

I have recently been to a customers property and they have an issue with a suanier duval boiler which wll not fireup. There is no fault code.

On turning the boiler on the fan runs for a couple of seconds and the green light comes on and then nothing the light goes off and the fan stops.

The display just shows the temperature and nothing else.

I have checked for any blockags etc and everything seems ok!

as anyone come acoss this before or have any advice?

Have you checked it's getting a signal to run?
Does the hot water work ok?

External controls ok?
Has he altered the temperature setting lately?
What model is it?

Once you've eliminated the external controls you'll need to get your post count up so this can be answered in private forum.

Thanks for the replies not sure on the model to be honest I did write it down somewhere.

The boiler is a system boiler and does not run when the controller is calling for either hot water or heating or both together.

Although the pump runs and the 3 port does move.

Its a strange one as the green light goes out with the fan but I does not go to the red fault light.

It does not even get to the ignition sequence.

You need to follow the voltage from external controls all way back to boiler, as is sounds like it is sitting idle. Just because 3 port / pump goes, might be a broken wire on SL to boiler.

You have switches in the 3port and even if the sychron motor moves the the switch your port head may be knacked, then its a new head..try pushing the lever to manual if it doesnt fire look at that first.

Andrew pm me your gas safe numbers so i can check you out and put you in the gsr only forum,until then i am closing the thread,once i know your gsr you can ask any gas related posts in there and folks can give you the right answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you turned the thermostat up, or checked...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Did you find a resolution to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Back