Shower goes cold after 5 minutes | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower goes cold after 5 minutes in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi everyone

I’m a novice in terms of diy but wonder if you can advise me at all.

I had a new combi boiler fitted in September and everything has been fine until now.

My shower is one that comes off a mixer tap on the bath. For some reason it now goes cold about 5 minutes into a shower.

My hot water comes off the combi and the cold is direct off the mains.

If I don’t put the cold water on at all then the shower runs hot constantly with no problem. If I put the cold on even just a little bit then after the 5 minutes everything goes cold.

If I turn the cold tap off when this has happened then the hot tap continues to run but the water doesn’t come back to hot. I have to turn the hot tap off and back on again to get the hot water back.

I’m not sure why this has started happening now. My cold water has always been high pressure but it hasn’t changed that I can tell.

Any advice of simple things I can try? If I call the boiler people to come out I’m not sure if I’d be covered as the hot water is fine without the cold tap being on so it’s not the boiler that’s at fault (or is it?).

Thanks everyone

hi everyone

I’m a novice in terms of diy but wonder if you can advise me at all.

I had a new combi boiler fitted in September and everything has been fine until now.

My shower is one that comes off a mixer tap on the bath. For some reason it now goes cold about 5 minutes into a shower.

My hot water comes off the combi and the cold is direct off the mains.

If I don’t put the cold water on at all then the shower runs hot constantly with no problem. If I put the cold on even just a little bit then after the 5 minutes everything goes cold.

If I turn the cold tap off when this has happened then the hot tap continues to run but the water doesn’t come back to hot. I have to turn the hot tap off and back on again to get the hot water back.

I’m not sure why this has started happening now. My cold water has always been high pressure but it hasn’t changed that I can tell.

Any advice of simple things I can try? If I call the boiler people to come out I’m not sure if I’d be covered as the hot water is fine without the cold tap being on so it’s not the boiler that’s at fault (or is it?).

Thanks everyone

These sort of shower attachments are not the best thing to use a very good risk of being scalded because you cant control the temperature and an imbalance of water pressure, you would be better to install a proper thermostatic controlled one, or an electric shower

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It appears to be fine in what you propose. In...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Can you talk to your plumbing supplier and ask...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Electrical shower problems I have installed a...
Replies
Views
Johnales
J
S
  • Question
Hi all. My hot supply for my shower is on the...
Replies
Views
Saneal
S
Back