Slow drainig toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Slow drainig toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jet48

The syphon recently packed up in our toilet. *I replaced it with an Opella dual flush now the toilet
just fills up and drains slowly wether you use full flush or short flush its the same.The toilet is a close coupled
system when dismanteling it there was an object which is like funnel shaped fitting with a rod in the middle
poking up and hollow tube from the bottom of the fitting the whole thing was pushed in the outlet pipe of the
old syphon. On replacing the syphon I left this part out but when the toilet didn't drain very well I tried
refitting it but its made no differnce. I've managed to check through the toilet round the u bend and can't
find any obstructions.
I've now spent a week playing with this HELP any thoughts/advice greatly apreciated.
Thanks

Sounds like you have fitted a standard siphon to a syphonic close coupled suite.
Thanks can you point me in the right direction as to what I need to get to put it right.
Thanks,
Bob

Do you have any details of the wc?
How high does the water sit in Bowl when unused for a period?

Do you have any details of the wc?
How high does the water sit in Bowl when unused for a period?

The name on the cistern is Trent but I know this is a replacement as the original got broken.
The water level rises when flushed to just under the rim then drains slowly to slightly higher than what I would call a normal level.
When I put the funnel shaped thing (which I guess is the syphon) back in the comming out of the
cistern because it was that worn and brittle it started to break up so may not be making a very good seal. Also the stem which goes down into the pan should there be a sealing washer on it? as there was nothing.
Any ideas where I might get a new one and will it work with the Opella dual flush.
Many thanks,
Bob

toolstation - syvac aspirator
Thanks I have purchased one of these and fitted it. But toilet still fills to just below the rim and slowly drains.
Any ideas why its not working.

Think your going to have to stick a video on here, or a you tube video link.
No, I'm not joking.
Michael_Jackson_popcorn.jpg

Can anyone tell me when fitting the syvac aspirator do you have to
push fit the rubber washer into the hole in the pan to form a seal rather letting it
just sit the aspirator over the hole?
Thanks.

Has something fell down through the systern into the pan restricting the water flow into it? Had the small extension part on the inlet valve which you can turn to Direct the flow come of once which blocked a pan up.

Can anyone tell me when fitting the syvac aspirator do you have to
push fit the rubber washer into the hole in the pan to form a seal rather letting it
just sit the aspirator over the hole?
Thanks.

the small rubber donut should be making a seal against the pan - might take a couple of goes to get it positioned correctly

Well I have finally cured it. What was causing the problem was that when I installed the syvac aspirator I left the rubber washer as it came partway up the stem.
I now pulled the washer down the stem with about 2mm overhang and reinstalled the cistern.
Hey presto it works, obviously the washer wasn't seating over the hole before to create a
Vaccum.
Many thanks to all on here who offered their assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
There are a few things that could be causing...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
G
True, when something happens to your plumbing...
Replies
Views
Bingo centralheatking
Replies
Views
Back