Small Drip from Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Small Drip from Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnpaul.gordon

Hi,

I hope somebody can offer me with a little advice on this one.

I am trying to figure out of I need a repair, service or possibly just a tighten of a screw somewhere.

In the last couple of days the underneath of my combi boiler has started dripping very slowly. It seems to be dependent on the pressure, it hardly drips at all when the pressure is 0.5 bar or the system is cold. Fair to say by the look of the counter underneath it has probably had a very slight drip for more than a few days.

I increased the pressure via the filling loop slightly and I could see the drip has quickened so I decreased it again till it is sorted.

I attach a photo. I was hoping that somebody might be able to explain the various components in the photo. I know the filling loop but that is about it, you can see a single drip of water in the photo and I am pretty confident that the leak in the boiler is not coming from anywhere high inside the boiler, the wet patch seems to be all within a few cm's of where the drip is forming.

Any idea's what the most likely issue is and how it is resolved or how complex it is to resolve, appreciate I am not giving you an awful lot to to go on here.

I am happy to call in a professional but as the boiler its annual service I wondered if it is something the british gas service engineer could handle or do I need to book a repair, or could I simply tighten something myself as an interim measure (without taking anything apart).

Thanks in advance,
John 20160509_111832.jpg

Unfortunately not mate. As you are not a gas safe engineer you have already broken the law by removing the cover. This can form an integral part of the boilers seals. You would be best off getting someone in sooner rather than later to fix the leak and make sure the case is put back correctly

it needs a strip down repair on a component.
is it an old vaillant?

Looks like the underside of a old CDI, which will need the cover removed to find and fix the leak
Won't be much of a problem to a GSR to repair it

I am happy to call in a professional but as the boiler its annual service I wondered if it is something the british gas service engineer could handle or do I need to book a repair, or could I simply tighten something myself as an interim measure (without taking anything apart).

Thanks in advance,
JohnView attachment 26138
Defo call in a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Expansion vessel undersized, blocked flexi to...
Replies
Views
Pessimist 😂😂😂😂
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back