Soil stack query | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil stack query in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StevieD999

Hi,

New here as only just found this forum.

My questions are: I have just started doing my loft conversion and I have two soil vents in the loft they are just slightly above the existing plasterboard ceiling (both with AAV fitted) one for the main bathroom and the other for the ensuite. I will be T'ing off the ensuites soil pipe for all the new loft ensuites waste. I am aware that I will need to raise the soil above the flood level for venting purposes etc, is it better for me to run the soil vent outside and have it as a vent rather than with an AAV within the eaves of the loft?
Also can I leave the main bathroom AAV where it is as its in the middle of the loft and to rework it to go outside will be a small mission, this will be lower than the new ensuite sanitaryware. I need to add that after checking my own manhole in the front garden, they both have their own exit into the MH?

I appreciate an help. . thanks

A vented stack will always be better than an AAV.

AAV's need to be accessible.

The risk of flooding from the Bathroom AAV is nill, you'd need to have a blockage in the main drain and push water back up the stack with the AAV in, from the ensuite stack.

Given the amount of work you will be doing, taking the Vent through the roof or side wall (if there is one) won't be too much trouble.
If you go that way watch out for the height of the vent and adjacent windows / roof windows.

Thanks snow head, tbh I was always hoping that an external vent would be better. I will probably go through the outside wall, as if I go through the roof, i'll be quite close to the bathroom velux. Do you know the min distance from an opening the vent needs to be?

Alos I assume that I can just come out the wall and fit a vent horizontal rather than vertical like the AAV?

basic rule is one metre above any openings or three metres away so if side wall is 3 m away from windows just turn it up outside

create a full soil stack mate, its rare to have 2 aavs? not allowed unless theres a full vent at the head of the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Cheers oz-plumber, good advice. I've ordered...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back