Soil Stack Regs? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil Stack Regs? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I can't find this anywhere but a mate of mine has had a car port built and the builder has terminated the soil stack about 1.5 meters above ground, under the car port with just an ordinary cage on top, not even a durgo.
Can anyone point me in the right direction so that i can copy the relevant part of the regs for her and she can get the builder to put it right.
To be clear - what I need is the part of the regs that relates to the height of termination for a soil stack, and whether or not it can be terminated under a car port.
If there are illustrations it would be good.

Approved Document H1 section 1.26 onwards deals with stacks and ventilation but no mention is made to carports. As long as it is 900mm above an opening to the building or 3m horizontally there should be no problem

Just whack an air admittance valve on it and don't worry. Stack will work and you won't get the smells

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa

Make sure the AAV is below spill over level of any toilets, that way when blockage occurs floods car port

basic regs fm when you did your courses, covered in building regs as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
It's one of those where the only winners will...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
If a combined system is allowed in this area...
Replies
Views
Back