solvent weld Orange 4 inch soil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss solvent weld Orange 4 inch soil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It's slightly bigger than above ground, but won't make any difference

Thanks so could I possibly glue a boss on to it? As I am struggling to get hold of a mcalpine drain connector with boss

Yeh it will be absolutely fine, works the same as grey or black, it just doesn't have the uv protection from the sun.

Still works exactly the same just looks different

Only problem with the orange is that it's not uv stabilised as Meady said. Was told the other day that it's orange so you can see it easier when digging. Not that it matters to me because I certainly don't dig anymore :)

Would ask though, why do you want to glue something to it?

Yes you can use solvent glue on the orange underground pipe.
But if possible I would remove all orange pipe above ground, or have it painted. Paint will protect it really well from uv rays

Would ask though, why do you want to glue something to it?

Orange underground pipe has been brought up by the ground workers. For a down stairs cloak room. Was thinking of glueing a boss on to this as low as possible, before I put a bent pan connector on the pipe to pick the toilet up. As need to get a waste to the basin. And as said can't seem to source a drain connectors with boss.

What wall is behind wc? Solid or stud. White 1 1/4" solvent weld clipped doesn't look bad.

simple

mcalpine-grey-plastic-soil-pipe-to-cast-iron-or-clay-with-boss-39050099-618-p.jpg

pan connector in the top done

WC-BP1

Its a solid wall behind the wc. That drain connector with boss is the fitting I was looking for but non of the merchants near by seem to.sell them anymore?

Its a solid wall behind the wc. That drain connector with boss is the fitting I was looking for but non of the merchants near by seem to.sell them anymore?

internet here by thursday

Thanks guessing they dont do these with a 2inch boss on it? Work are asking me to combine the kitcken sink waste and the wash hand basin waste( from the down stairs w.c. its poor planning on a new build and laziness of the ground workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes you can solvent weld it to the grey pipe...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Right one looks like it will fit in the socket...
Replies
Views
Back