Stainless hex boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stainless hex boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evenong chaps boiler replacemant job ive gotta do customer has requested a stainless hex any recommendations, heat only around 15 kw, eco blue vallient or viessman , Cheers team

viessmann all day long

open vent or sealed?

What they like to install Shaun , never fitted one before was looking at the eco blus as easier cos i would need the extra cable

What they like to install Shaun , never fitted one before was looking at the eco blus as easier cos i would need the extra cable

very easy to fit (left flow right return as you look at boiler)

and requires

mains power (permanent)
switch live
and out pump live and neutral and earth

depends what you got tbh?

also to add

warranty wise

5 years for normal installers
10 years if your viessman approved (or i think if you pay round about 200 they will up grade it for you dont know if thats still running)

eco blue is 2 years

Last edited:
very easy to fit (left flow right return as you look at boiler)

10 years if your viessman approved (or i think if you pay round about 200 they will up grade it for you dont know if thats still running)

Shaun , unless somthings changed the aditional warrenty is only available on the combis , not the open vent 100's, I stand to be corrected lol

Destroyer , they are just about bomb proof mate, open vent I wouldnt fit anything else . They come with a lead to conect to the pump to to the boiler to provide a pump overrun , but viessmann are happy if you dont use it .

Shaun , unless somthings changed the aditional warrenty is only available on the combis , not the open vent 100's, I stand to be corrected lol

Destroyer , they are just about bomb proof mate, open vent I wouldnt fit anything else . They come with a lead to conect to the pump to to the boiler to provide a pump overrun , but viessmann are happy if you dont use it .

thought it was all models (of the 100-w range)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...pp.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEQ4uOXG3ymklJXBAelfnJ8uZU4yw

Just had a natter with my man, I did say I would stand and be corrected lol , you are right ! I am wrong .

He does admit its only really advertised on the combis rather than the open vent and 111's

I fitted an open vent last week and there was nothing whatsoever in the envelope about extended warrentys.

So the pumps wired from the plug they supply direct to pump then it just needs permanent l n e ?. And the most important question do they fit in a kitchen cupboard

So the pumps wired from the plug they supply direct to pump then it just needs permanent l n e ?. And the most important question do they fit in a kitchen cupboard

And switch live (call) and I think so there small boilers but double check

375 wide x 600 high x 285 deep , thats just the boiler so plus the elbow, dont forget the flue is just off center

Started it today instead of Thursday nice little boiler to install need to wire it up tomorrow , thanks for the advice lads

Started it today instead of Thursday nice little boiler to install need to wire it up tomorrow , thanks for the advice lads

everything went ok? and any pics?

Ive got an open vent job coming up I would normally fit Ideal but might give veismann a go if there that good thanks

very well and very light

Yeah not to bad, take it the 90 just sits on the top and isn't screwed found instructions a bit vague, I'll try and take some pics they come out a bit blurry though smashed camera lens

Normally put a self tapper either side same with length going through wall

As for placement

Connection to boiler 5mm up from edge (flue elbow) is fine
Connection through wall half way to edge from little hole ( the hole is there to make sure you have inserted the flue all the way, you should be able to white flue)

hope this makes sense

Yeah used the self tapers and tap through the wall wasn't sure what the hole in elbow was for cheers for that

for some strange reason viessmann say dont put screws into the flue, but i always put a couple in one either side, the warranty is £120 for 10 years if you are viessmann trained, (one day course)

for some strange reason viessmann say dont put screws into the flue, but i always put a couple in one either side, the warranty is £120 for 10 years if you are viessmann trained, (one day course)

Oh no here we go again , you do not screw Viessmann flues . They make them , they know best .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back