Toilet Flushes - Bowl Refills - Water Stops - Tank Refills - Water Starts Again | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Flushes - Bowl Refills - Water Stops - Tank Refills - Water Starts Again in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HG90

Hi

I’m after some advice and I’m hopeful you clever people can help!

I’ve got a push button type toilet which when flushed acts correctly and refills the bowl like it should do. Then, after the tank has refilled, a further release of water is released into the bowl. At first the further release of water would only be ongoing for a second, now it’s a good 10 seconds. Thankfully, the water level in the bowl doesn’t rise, but I am concerned that at some point the water isn’t going to stop!

Any help appreciated!

Try adjusting the water level in the cistern slightly higher or lower. Had something like this once and had to get the water level in a certain place for it to stop doing it.

the level in the bowl wont rise so dont let that worry you initially. the cable for the push button may be snagged or something so remove the lid, have a butchers and take a few pics to help as mentioned

I had same problem last nite in my house adjusted the float and bobs your teapot there wasn't enough pressure on the valve to close it fully

Sorry for the very late reply. I've tried adjusting the float but that doesn't do anything. Here's a few pictures. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the comments above by the way. IMAG0119.jpgIMAG0120.jpgIMAG0121.jpgIMAG0122.jpgIMAG0124.jpg

It does look like the water level is too high and entering the overflow which dumps it in the pan. Just try turning the adjustment screw on the float valve ati-clockwise for 4-5 turns. If this doesn't cureit, try taking out the flush valve. This can be done out the top of the cistern, it either twists out or is on bayonet clips. The washer on the bottom which creates the seal could have tiny bubbles in it which prevent the seal from operating properly.

You will find new seals on toiletspares.co.uk.

It looks like the b&q cistern, make sure the grey centre is fully unscrewed before refitting the button..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
If by 'slow flushing' you mean, when you...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Hold on, I'm wondering if we have wires...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just fixed mine by putting weights in the...
Replies
Views
Back