toilet not flush to wall | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet not flush to wall in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go to a job tomorrow were someone has fitted and tiled a bathroom but hasnt got the toilet cistern flish back to the wall stands off about an inch.anyone else been to a job like this before?

have a look a geberit system might be one of those

Geberit system?

img_DF_element_up320_front.jpg

I have to go to a job tomorrow were someone has fitted and tiled a bathroom but hasnt got the toilet cistern flish back to the wall stands off about an inch.anyone else been to a job like this before?

How you going to fix it?

Someone told me it can't be fixed & he said put a bit of wood & fix cistern to that. I don't buy it.

If like to know how to remedy this situation.

Usually it's because the 4" outlet in floor is too far away from wall
You can get a swan neck bent pan connector which will only work if the back of the base of the pan doesn't overlap the floor outlet, if that makes any sense

If not its ceiling down and alter the soil pipe. Or if the soil pipe runs behind the cistern fit a low level pan and cistern.

The soil pipe runs at a 90 degree angle to the toilet so Im told over the phone. So maybe if its connected by a bent pan connector swapping this for question mark/ swan
Neck pan connector may allow the toilet to go back?

The soil pipe runs at a 90 degree angle to the toilet so Im told over the phone. So maybe if its connected by a bent pan connector swapping this for question mark/ swan

only prob with them is they tend to block easily on anything less than a full flush

Maybe, but could also be a pan that only allows rear exit for the soil, not side
Get you 4" angle grinder out if you feel lucky

I was working with an old boy doing my time fitting a bathroom for an old dear. There was a knife in there an he was messing about pretending to shave with.
She came in on the last day and said its brilliant now I don't have to cut up my poo with a knife.
His face was priceless.

Thanks so could try a swan neck one are flexis that bad suppose would look unsightly. Would most peoe take on a job like the essentially sorting out someone elses mess up.

Don`t McAlpine do 2 or 3 different swan necks? Other than that take a grinder to it nice and slowly.

Would most peoe take on a job like the essentially sorting out someone elses mess up.

Absolutely - they are the jobs you seem to make the most money out of.

When you sort the problem the customer is extremely happy and inadvertently overly generous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Post some pics. Is the cistern touching the...
Replies
Views
Back