Toilet Pan Connector | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Pan Connector in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blawford

I am replacing a very old toilet with a new one, the waste pipe hole that it connects to is a long way from the wall and the pipe itself is earthenware in a concrete floor.

The base of the toilet that I have is fairly short from back to front, with the part that you would connect the pan connector to extending further backwards. If I was to fit a swan neck multiquick it would leave a few inches gap between the soil pipe and the base of the toilet that I feel I could be utilizing to get the toilet closer to the wall.

I am wondering whether there is a better pan connector for my situation that has more than a 90 degree bend in it. Alternatively would a completely flexible connector work?

Hopefully that makes sense, plumbing novice and first time poster here!

Would be better to alter the drain underneath. Any other option including the swan neck, will make the cystern stick a couple of inches from the wall.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had a look at various websites at different pan connectors already so I guess what I am asking is, can you bend a flexible pan connector however you want and it be fine?

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had a look at various websites at different pan connectors already so I guess what I am asking is, can you bend a flexible pan connector however you want and it be fine?

No they have limits and you wouldn't want to kink or restrict them, photos may help but sounds like chalked has supplied the only real answer

OK then, how difficult is it to dig up the floor without breaking the pipe and how difficult would it be to connect to the pipe?

If it's a solid floor you will need to go down about 300mm. Get in with a grinder to cut the soil pipe. Then install two 45degree bends.
Or change your toilet to a fully enclosed type with a soil connection deep inside. Vitra s50 enclosed pan will fit and I did one a couple weeks ago that the customer supplied from bathstore, but don't know the name. Here's a pic of the bathstore one.pictured from behind.
image.jpg

Can't believe I've just put that. But the outlet is approximately 8-10 inches from the wall.

What's the distance from the wall to the centre of the soil pipe?

What's the distance from the rear of the pan to the outlet?

What's the distance from the wall to the centre of the soil pipe?

What's the distance from the rear of the pan to the outlet?

Not at home so I can't check, but the distance from the centre of the soil pipe to the wall is 30cm+, not sure about the rear of the pan to the outlet.

With that distance you are only going to fit a pan with a separate cistern.
No wall face pan or close coupled pan will fit that pipe that distance off the wall.

The gooseneck connectors have a maximum distance of 220mm and that depends on the pan connection also.

Burlington Concealed Bottom Outlet Low-Level WC With Lever Flush

How about this then

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a measure when I get home and see how far away away the centre of the soil pipe is from the wall compared to the 260mm that toilet spec says. I think I am probably about 100mm out though.

Funny looking things, not seen them before.

How do you actually fit them? With a short straight flexi and then lower it down?

Nope, just a straight pan connector, put it on the toilet spigot then lower into drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Remove toilet Cut back 4” pipe 3”-4” Cut and...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long...
Replies
Views
Back