Toilet Pans | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Pans in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

I'm on a awkward job the toilet I'm replacing has the soil stack coming up thru the floor and the custard wants her new toilet fixing to the wall and to take the boxing out she has there now, question is do they make toilets with a bottom entry so I can sit the toilet over the stack and connect from there? Looked in the books I have don't seem to have one

Thanks

Had this a few times mate and either had to move the soil pipe, make a false wall to make it look like its not just got a lump of wood at the back of the cistern or if lucky use one of these.

Viva Sanitary Swan Neck Pan Connector

OOOuch lump of wood goz goz goz ,,,, tut tut tut,, thats seriously against religion that one mate lol

Least you make it not like that ive had loads ive been to and idiots just stick a clump of wood it looks terrible,

On the odd occasion ive used a lump of wood. But I clad it in upvc soffit board.

LOL, try my best to make it look neat. My rule of thumb is that if I don't find it aesthetically pleasing, then I won't leave it that way for my customer.
Although same as Simon, I've also been asked to just use wood to save costs and also used Upvc which tidies it up nicely.

So you guys telling me they don't make toilets that go straight down??? If that's the cast I'll advise custard to buy one of those closed cistern things :(

ive seen and binned loads that go straight down, they are a thing of the past i reckon cant see any body making those now. Dont go for the lump of wood job ha .. swan neck might be an option!

Ill never go for the lump of wood option I value my company name :) the stack is a good Ft from wall thou, think a closed cistern cabinet will do it

just had a thought if the toilet outlet is at least 300 from floor an elbow macalpine flex multiquik could do ya?? Cant be certain without looking at it .. where you based im in wakefield west yorks

You can still get S trap pans but they are mainly low level as far as I have seen. You might get away with a vita pan that has the outlet quite far forward and then a mcalpine WCCONQ pan connector.

just had a thought if the toilet outlet is at least 300 from floor an elbow macalpine flex multiquik could do ya?? Cant be certain without looking at it .. where you based im in wakefield west yorks
Just moved to brid from Wakefield parksy lol might know ya :)

Im presuming you are on about S trap toilet pans where the waste outlets point straight down. If so, you can get close coupled WC's with S traps if you look hard enough but they are few and far between. Much easier to get a conventional p trap close coupled toilet and use a space saver/swan neck style pan connecter. Or go with a BTW pan with a bit of furniture and a concealed cistern.

Also, in reference to people saying about a bit of wood behind the cistern on a close coupled. Me personally, I would rather have that than a naff plastic fantastic concealed cistern, flush pipe and BTW pan. If there a nice cust then u can clad with uPVC. Function over Form though

Cheers for that but a bit of wood behind the cistern is shown on cowboys from hell :) I'm working hard to establish a good name I ain't about to do some shabby work :)

No worries :grin: If im just changing a toilet in an old bathroom ive got no problem in using a packer behind the cistern for a close coupled. If it means the packer has got to be over about an inch though I will look at altering the stack or using a btw pan and concealed cistern. A small packer can be hidden if its cut to the height of the cistern, not the cistern lid and is only as wide as the fixing holes behind the pan

How about this:
Craigs-Crapper-373x560.jpg

Can't take credit for it.It's one of Ermi's network rail ideas

Last edited:
What u can do is get just a standard slimline unit that would normally be used with a cistern inside only dont do that . Use the close coupled wc that the customer has bought only put the unit against the wall and the wc against the unit and that should save movin waste. Just remember to use an ultra slimline unit so doesnt stick out too far....

I would normally advice to buy one of those toilets that is hung on a cabinet type thing. That way the hole is inside the cupboard and you can use a bent or swan neck pan connector.

I'm on a awkward job the toilet I'm replacing has the soil stack coming up thru the floor and the custard wants her new toilet fixing to the wall and to take the boxing out she has there now, question is do they make toilets with a bottom entry so I can sit the toilet over the stack and connect from there? Looked in the books I have don't seem to have one

Thanks

You can find s pans or bottom entry pans as a few are still made also the majority of toilets in the states are bottom entry,
But personally I would build a boxing In full height of toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Yes sorry :D noticed I missed liquid off
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Back