Toilet Push Flush Repair | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet Push Flush Repair in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Uggers

Hi all,

I'll preface this by saying I'm a bit of a dumbass here due to the nature of the fault as I just wasn't thinking properly before going ahead and trying to lift the cistern lid to drop in a stupid blue cleaning tablet thing, and to keep pulling even though I had some resistance.

Essentially I pulled the lid off when it was clearly being held down by something, I can see that I've broken a plastic part near the top of the push buttons but I'm not exactly sure what.
I was surprised to see no big plastic nut securing the push button to the cistern lid, so I am unsure exactly how that was fixed into place (nothing in the tank that fell in)

What should I be looking for to fix this? I had a look online and I couldn't exactly the type of parts I need that exactly matched

How would a cistern lid like this be attached if there wasn't any give in it when you lifted it and how would it be repaired?
Excuse the cruddy pictures, looks like this has never been cleaned in here since we moved in :S

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Firstly don't use those in cistern blocks they are carp...secondly pop the 2 buttons off and theirs a large plastic screw underneath, undo and hey presto.

There's a special kind of hell reserved for those using the bloo loo cistern tablets.........

If you hold the buttons down one at a time you'll see where you can lever them out one at a time to expose a screw under them to release the lid.

You're going to have to replace the flush mechanism. It should come out without having to split the cistern from the pan.

Lol yeah I :nono: up there.
Live and learn though eh, and won't be using those :nono: things again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would replacing the valve bridge be enough or have I fubur'd the whole mechanism?

Would replacing the valve bridge be enough or have I fubur'd the whole mechanism?
For price of it you might Aswell change whole thing, there are two rectangular buttons on the side of the valve body, if you press them in the whole valve will lift out in one go so no need to remove cistern. When re installing make sure you have the bridge set to the right height to prevent any problems and the risk of causing the valve to let by into the pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
C
Attach file to add pictures etc
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Back