Toilet seat. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet seat. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted a toilet 6 months ago and the customer phoned me today saying the seat has come loose. Popped round on the way home and re- tightened. I was wondering if it happens again to put some loctite on the threads to try and bind it. She's an elderly lady and it seems she shuffles around on it a lot. Would this work or just cause me problems.

No ......dont glue the screw threads - how will anybody get it off ?

We do 100's of bogs for Peverill each year and the bog seats
always need a re-visit - cause they slip around even when
fitted correctly no matter how much you tighten up the silly
plastic bolts and washers

just another example of poorly desgined sanitary ware
which has made us all loads of dosh over the years

centralheatking

Advise her that shuffling is not necessary in the process of defecation. One can deposit said material in a manner preferable to the maintenance of the water closet facilities.

I have seen a toilet seat on a disabled toilet with locating brackets under the seat that fit against the inside front of the bowl and thus (presumably) stop the shuffling of the seat that causes loosening of the fittings. The principle looks good and might be worth considering??

Tell her if you have to adjust the seat again, you'll fit one of these:

614_o1.jpg

A loose seat can be lethal.
Nearly lost my crown jewels once through shuffling.

I now know how mary antoinette felt on the chopping block....

Not nice...not nice at all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If she's an elderly lady, she will never want the seat up.

Just silicon the seat to the pan...problem solved for good.

carrera and matta do good quality seats which have none slip fixings. real basic fixings one nut one bolt on each side. i have one at home, been on over a year and its as tight as it ever was

At the PHEX show there was a stand for STATITE seats ( £25 ish ) and supposed to stay put, shear bolts at the right torque with locating lugs in the hole... SEEMS a good product, ww.cmstatite.com have yet to use it tho'. Has anyone else ?

At the PHEX show there was a stand for STATITE seats ( £25 ish ) and supposed to stay put, shear bolts at the right torque with locating lugs in the hole... SEEMS a good product, ww.cmstatite.com have yet to use it tho'. Has anyone else ?

Its a Carrera and Matta seat. I have never fitted one, but sold plenty. The in-warranty return rate for us is about 6.3 per 1000, so well under 1% and better than the average return rate on all our seats which is 7.2 per 1000.

Its a Carrera and Matta seat. I have never fitted one, but sold plenty. The in-warranty return rate for us is about 6.3 per 1000, so well under 1% and better than the average return rate on all our seats which is 7.2 per 1000.

Thats what I said above. Good seats. Good fixings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks. I’ve tried gently prising up the one...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
Never done one but that looks the obvious way...
Replies
Views
great help many thanks
Replies
Views
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Back