Urgent boiler malfunction and Flue inquiry!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Urgent boiler malfunction and Flue inquiry!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zctpfe2

Hi all,

I'm seeking for help with some multiple faults with my boiler and central heating.

I got a Baxi 2 Megaflo 28 Compact GA boiler and it suddenly stopped supplying hot water about two days ago (no big issues before except re-pressuring). I tried to reboot it however it lost power completely when I turned it off. The Honeywell central panel is functioning properly.

I called in a British Gas folk to assess the situation and he commented the following:

1. It may be the problem with PCB so it cannot be switched on
2. Our vertical flue has no support so need to get it done before any work
3. There is a minor leakage in the pipe beside water cylinder

The boiler is 4 years old and we moved in 4 months ago.

So my question is whether I should call original installer to see if they can get all fixed or I have to seek Baxi for the boiler and another plumber to deal with point 2&3.

The flue is quite firm and I wonder if there is an actual need for brackets, also will this be potential problem that my boiler is not working???

I've attached some pics here

Many thanks!!!

Attachments

• Vertical flue.jpg
    Vertical flue.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Leakage.jpg
    Leakage.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Boiler.jpg
    Boiler.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 75
The flue needs brackets. Without them its classed as "AT RISK " and must be turned off untill rectified. That is the regulations

not strictly true phil it can only be turned off with the owners permission .Label issue, notice and then up to the customer if they use it

Call Baxi to rectify number 1.
And a plumber of your choice for 2 & 3.

Thanks all. I'll make a call to the original installer and see if they can get the boiler fixed as well. If not, I'll go for Baxi.

Called up Baxi and they said they have no engineers that cover my area..

Hi folks finally got it sorted. The PCB was burnt so I got a plumber to replace the PBC which is way cheaper than calling the BG... Thanks for the attentions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
? 'Heat Only' No No heat currently Not sure...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back