Vaillant boiler wiring | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant boiler wiring in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisdisco

Hi All
I was hoping someone could advice me on the correct wiring for my Thermocompact VU GB 186 E boiler, GC No. 410441. I have been told that that the boiler has been incorrectly connected when it was fitted and should have a permanent live which I currently doesn't have. The connections that are currently in place come direct from the control unit and are connected to the live, neutral and earth connectors. The boiler turns on when there is demand and then totally turns off once the demand has been met.

I have been told by an engineer that that the current live should be connected to pin 4 and a permanent live should be installed. If a new cable was to be run to the boiler, should I connect this to the earth, live and neutral connections? This would mean that the earth and neutral connections would have 2 wires, one from the controller and one from the permanent live.

Live - Live wire from permanent live

Netural - Both wires from controller and permanent live cables

Earth - Both wires from controller and permanent live cables

Pin 4 - Live wire from controller

Is this correct or is there a different way this should be connected? There is also a jumper wire, does this need to be removed or stay in place?

Kind Regards

Chris Davis

If it ain't broke, why fiddle with it?
But it is broke.
when there is no demand, the boiler has no live so there will be no pump overrun. Also it will go to condensate fill every time there is demand.

to the OP , get a decent sparky in to wire it. Was this a boiler change or new install?

Sorry forposting in the wrong place, I'm still quite new to online forums.

This was in thehouse when I moved in. I do have it serviced most years but I'm guessing thatthe wiring is not checked. The reason that this problem has come to lightis the pump had stopped running and was displaying an error on the boiler. Ihad an engineer come in and change the pump and the pump relay board. It was atthis point he noticed there wasn't a permanent live. As Chalked mentioned, theengineer said it should be there for the pump to overrun.

I think I willhave to get sparky in and maybe phone Vaillant. At least this would explain whyit used to make such a noise when the boiler was stopped.

Thanks for yourhelp everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Likely to be C as B will be a common supply...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for the input on this, much...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck. It sounds like a person was...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back