Vaillant Ecomax boiler pressure gradually dropping daily | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Ecomax boiler pressure gradually dropping daily in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi guys,

I've had problems with my boiler dropping pressure since the last few months. Particularly after having the heating on. It wouldn't go up and over 3, but would go down to 0. So I've been topping it up daily. Alongside my living room radiator that had a leak from a nut on one side - clearly down to corrosion/rust around the base the nut tightened into.

Regarding the rad. I isolated all the rads one night, wrapped tissue paper around each rad's pipes and topped up boiler pressure. It still dropped to 0 and there was no sign of a rad leak. So this indicated an issue with the boiler as well. I found out it could be a fault with the expansion vessel, either needing re-pumping or replacing.

I had a guy come and check. He showed me that there was some water leak from the expansion vessel relief valve. So he advised it needed changing. I got the part and he changed. He also applied to ptfe tape to the leaking rad. Anyway, since the fix, I still notice a gradual drop in pressure on a daily basis. I topped to 1.1 last Monday [6th]. This morning it's down to 0.7.

So, is there any other part that maintains pressure? I heard something about a rubber diaphragm. Other than that, what else could be the issue... leak somewhere else? How can I investigate?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
there's a leak somewhere in your pipes that...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi… Defo, in agreement with Chis! First thing...
Replies
Views
Back