vanity toilets | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter buckley plumb
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K

Discuss vanity toilets in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

hi most vanity toilets seem to come with a 2" to 11/2" flush pipe pulled a flush mechanism out of one last wk and fitted another make 2" flush valve to find the existing flush pipe 2" nut would not fit the new valve .ended up fitting an 11/2" fluidmaster with a red rubber and smaller flush pipe which effected the flush slightly. got one today a torbeck vairi flush which I replaced 3 months a go and its pasing into the pan - customer wants it out and a different make I don't want the same issues as last time what are others doing

I always try to get an new flush valve the same as the one I took out so I can just replace the head of it.

You taken the torbeck apart and checked the flush washer? I'm forever changing geberit washers as they blister like mad after a year or so and pass into the pan. Might be the same sort of thing.

I always try to get an new flush valve the same as the one I took out so I can just replace the head of it.

You taken the torbeck apart and checked the flush washer? I'm forever changing geberit washers as they blister like mad after a year or so and pass into the pan. Might be the same sort of thing.

The grey Geberit flush valve washers are like soft rubber & do blister, I also noticed.
But I see the new replacement washers for Geberit are now a semi clear silicone washer & probably last & last hopefully. :smile:

been to the torbec one today with new new flush syphon - fitted that and still passing - could not fit the base as that was 11/2 not 2" . fitted a fluidmaster with the reducing rubber and spacer washers as the cistern was thin plastic - come to fit the new 11/2 flush pipe to find the radius was to much and could not raise the cistern any.never want to do another if I do think I will quote for complete new cistern .also where can I get a 2" to11/2" flush pipe with tight radius

I think its a huge pain in the bum with all the different makes, models , widths, hieghts and flush pipes, i do what was said earlier i take a photo and get the exact replacment ( top half) so its simply a case of 1/4 turn and out it comes, ive also a load of spares of the washers that seat into the bottom of the flush valves but even with carrying loads of stock i still come accross loads that i just dont have , so i think theres simply too much choice with so many foriegn brands being introduced , Oh the good old days when we carried ballcock diaphragms and syphon plastic washers ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I think its a room stat per UFH room zone
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
J
  • Article
gate intercom / gate openers can anyone...
Replies
Views
James
J
J
  • Article
Compex EX 04 fail Hi. I’m new to the Forum...
Replies
Views
Jackson123
J
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
Back