Vertical soil pipe problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vertical soil pipe problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

madgar202

Hello all.

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to look at this. I'm renovating a 1920's house and have removed the downstairs bathroom toilet. (and thrown it away because it was avocado coloured)

Coming to replace the suite and I realise that I may have a problem. The soil pipe enters vertically at a 95mm centre from the wall (After dot and dabbing) - (115mm w/o).

Now, I'd like to replace it with a close coupled system. Ideally, a cheap ish version, because we will remodel the bathroom when we build the extension and have to move the drains. I really don't want to move the soil pipe as I'm going to be doing it again in a year or two's time.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable system for this? Or, Do I have the space for a normal cc horizontal pipe system and a 90 degree bend?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Andy.

Oops, sorry. Here they are.

Attachments

• 20140514_133555.jpg
    20140514_133555.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20140514_133659.jpg
    20140514_133659.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 54
Oops. Sorry.

Attachments

• 20140514_133659.jpg
    20140514_133659.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140514_133555.jpg
    20140514_133555.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21
You could try a swan neck pan connector that would position the pan further back

A regular c.c with horizontal outlet should be fine. The worst you would have to do is batten the cistern off the wall.

So, a normal horizontal CC with an additional swan neck connector should work fine? That's good news, it gives me more choice on the suites. Ideally, I don't want to batten, I'm going to try to find a suite that has enough space for the cistern and soil pipe. Just depends on what toilets the suppliers round my way have. Thanks for your help guys.

Just get a bog in a box and a swan neck pan connector, if you are remodelling at a later date. It should go far enough back to the wall or only need some short spacers. I actually prefer a small gap down the back of the cistern for circulation of air. Prevents condensation and mould.

given the op's situation i would say that would be the hardest pan possible to fit
Why is that? Looks like the cold feed needs fitting anyway. As for the drain, on these pans the connection Is 6inch from the back, so can accomadation most drains.

I would say that pan is harder to fit than a standard c/c pan, by the sounds of it he will be changing it within a year or two so I would just get a standard c/c pan that you like and is in your budget, if you can't get the pan back far enough with a normal bent pan connector try a swan neck.

So, an update;

Firstly, thanks for all the replies. Because of these, I was able to fit the toilet and basin this weekend, so many thanks again.

So, to recap what I've done for the benefit of others in the future:

Because the vertical soil pipe was 95mm from the wall (after I dot and dabbed plasterboard) and I didn't want to move the soil pipe, I was worried that a horizontal outlet toilet might not leave me enough space to connect the pan connector and use a close coupled toilet.

One suggestion was to use a swan neck pan connector.

However, in the end I didn't need it. The cc cistern actually pushed my toilet forward enouch to use a normal 90 degree pan connector.

I was more worried about this fitting when I should have been worried about the waste pipe from the basin, as that was a nightmare to fit! However, in the end, we got there.

In a side note, I must say that snap fit fittings and plastic pipe from the hot and cold pipes in the cellar were a cinch to fit, fully recommend in the future!

If anyone is wondering which set I went for, the Mrs picked this one from the types I offered her: So, an update;

Firstly, thanks for all the replies. Because of these, I was able to fit the toilet and basin this weekend, so many thanks again.

So, to recap what I've done for the benefit of others in the future:

Because the vertical soil pipe was 95mm from the wall (after I dot and dabbed plasterboard) and I didn't want to move the soil pipe, I was worried that a horizontal outlet toilet might not leave me enough space to connect the pan connector and use a close coupled toilet.

One suggestion was to use a swan neck pan connector.

However, in the end I didn't need it. The cc cistern actuallyt pushed my toilet forward enouch to use a normal 90 degree pan connector.

I was more worried about this fitting when I should have been worried about the waste pipe from the basin, as that was a nightmare to fit! However, in the end, we got there.

In a side note, I must say that snap fit fittings and plastic pipe from the hot and cold pipes in the cellar were a cinch to fit, fully recommend in the future!

If anyone is wondering which set I went for, the Mrs picked this one from the types I offered her, an edward toilet and basin 600 suite.

So, once again, thanks to all who responded to this and in other similar threads I looked at.

Cheers,

Andy

So, once again, thanks to all who responded to this and in other similar threads I looked at.

Cheers,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The open vent through the roof is the best...
Replies
Views
I asked them about it. They said they only...
Replies
Views
hi from Croatia One crazy plumber make many...
Replies
Views
Back