Village in turmoil as plumber arrives on time | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Village in turmoil as plumber arrives on time in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

350-plumber.jpg

The small Dorset village of Fromley has been thrown into turmoil in recent weeks after a local plumber carried out a series of small jobs in a punctual, efficient and inexpensive manner. Many villagers have been left confused and are struggling to come to terms with the situation.

Margaret Taylor, a 38-year-old Fromley housewife was the first to notice that something was amiss three weeks ago. ‘Our downstairs toilet wasn’t flushing properly so I called a plumber called Kevin Hobbs I’d found in the Yellow Pages and he said he’d be round the next morning at 8,’ she said. ‘On that basis, I set my alarm for 10 to have a lie-in, but I was woken up by the doorbell bang on 8. He fixed it in ten minutes and charged a very reasonable call out fee, I went back to bed and when I woke up later I thought it must have been a dream but, no, the toilet was flushing perfectly.’

Seventy-four year-old retired mechanical engineer Jack Armstrong similarly reported that when his bath waste was leaking, he called Hobbs, who came round exactly when he said he would. ‘When I offered him a cup of tea, he said “No thanks, I’ll be gone in ten minutes” and fixed the problem straight away, I’d stocked up on Hobnobs especially, but he didn’t even want those. I’ve been all around the world with my job but I’ve never known anything like this.’

Local vicar the Reverend Paul Stanley has sought to lead the community in their time of need. ‘My church has never been so full, people are searching for meaning in their lives and a miracle like this has proved to many that there is a God. “Rejoice!” I tell my flock, “for the Lord moves in mysterious ways, much like a plumber but generally less expensive.”

However, Hobbs’s strange antics are causing many to re-evaluate their lives. ‘If we can’t even rely on plumbers being late, what about the other supposed certainties of life?’ asked Mrs Taylor. ‘My 16-year marriage crumbled in a matter of weeks after the plumber turned up on time, because my husband had an existential crisis. Well, that and because I let the plumber shag me on the kitchen table – I didn’t want the situation to get TOO weird.’

The small Dorset village of Fromley has been thrown into turmoil in recent weeks after a local plumber carried out a series of small jobs in a punctual, efficient and inexpensive manner. Many villagers have been left confused and are struggling to come to terms with the situation.

Margaret Taylor, a 38-year-old Fromley housewife was the first to notice that something was amiss three weeks ago. ‘Our downstairs toilet wasn’t flushing properly so I called a plumber called Kevin Hobbs I’d found in the Yellow Pages and he said he’d be round the next morning at 8,’ she said. ‘On that basis, I set my alarm for 10 to have a lie-in, but I was woken up by the doorbell bang on 8. He fixed it in ten minutes and charged a very reasonable call out fee, I went back to bed and when I woke up later I thought it must have been a dream but, no, the toilet was flushing perfectly.’

Seventy-four year-old retired mechanical engineer Jack Armstrong similarly reported that when his bath waste was leaking, he called Hobbs, who came round exactly when he said he would. ‘When I offered him a cup of tea, he said “No thanks, I’ll be gone in ten minutes” and fixed the problem straight away, I’d stocked up on Hobnobs especially, but he didn’t even want those. I’ve been all around the world with my job but I’ve never known anything like this.’

Local vicar the Reverend Paul Stanley has sought to lead the community in their time of need. ‘My church has never been so full, people are searching for meaning in their lives and a miracle like this has proved to many that there is a God. “Rejoice!” I tell my flock, “for the Lord moves in mysterious ways, much like a plumber but generally less expensive.”

However, Hobbs’s strange antics are causing many to re-evaluate their lives. ‘If we can’t even rely on plumbers being late, what about the other supposed certainties of life?’ asked Mrs Taylor. ‘My 16-year marriage crumbled in a matter of weeks after the plumber turned up on time, because my husband had an existential crisis. Well, that and because I let the plumber shag me on the kitchen table – I didn’t want the situation to get TOO weird.’

Please, do not tell me Village Idiot has travelled that far and is making peeps re-evaluate their religious calling:)

Double shock! Kevin Hobbes pays his merchant bill on time, and asks permission before chucking rubbish in his merchants skip.

No, now thats just silly.

That's it for me..

I am officially changing my business name to:

NOTNUB Plumbing & Heating.

NOTNUB: Never On Time - Never Under Budget.

At least then people will know what to expect.

Double shock! Kevin Hobbes pays his merchant bill on time, and asks permission before chucking rubbish in his merchants skip.

No, now thats just silly.

That's just given me an idea. Ray, you could offer a service whereby we put our rubbish into the wooden crates and send them back to dump in your skip. I'd even include a pack of Tesco Value Rich Tea*...

*Limited time offer. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply. Offer has cash value of 0.000000001p or a slightly dented 15mm olive.

Look out for Williams click and collect service.

You click your fingers and we collect your rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Back