Water pressure and combi boiler query | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water pressure and combi boiler query in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shiv

Hi

i was wondering if you guys can help....currently I have a 3 bar water pumped fitted and from what I've been told I also have a combi boiler....I think I remember hearing from someone a while back that you can't have a water pump if you get a combi boiler installed...is this correct?

Before I got the pump fitted the pressure was crap....I really don't want lose the good pressure but still want to have constant hot water at the same time....is there a way round this that will allow this to happen?

thanks

Can't boost mains to any more than 12 lpm

is the pump to boost the mains pressure?

I'm not sure I know...my knowledge on these kind of things is rubbish...il see if can upload some pics of the pump and the pipes it is connected to...but as far as I know the pump is not boosting the power of the cold main supply all the other pipes it seems to be boosting the power

Do you have tanks in your loft then?

Do you have tanks in your loft then?

No I don't have a loft. But I have got a tank like the one in picture except mines a round tank not rectangle in shape.

image.jpg

So do you have an airing cupboard with a hot water cylinder

How meny pipes coming off your pump ? if only 2 all its pumping is hot water to shower and maybe taps, if you have 4 pipes then it is only feeding shower, What is your cold water pressure like ?

Thanks for your reply. I've had a look the link but I think my set up is different. I've take pics of mine now so hopefully you guys will be able to tell now.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16
How meny pipes coming off your pump ? if only 2 all its pumping is hot water to shower and maybe taps, if you have 4 pipes then it is only feeding shower, What is your cold water pressure like ?

Definitely 4 pipes. Cold water tap in the kitchen has Good pressure and and when I turn that tap on the water pump doesn't come on...only when I turn the bathroom taps on the pump comes on the hot water tap in the kitechen

Well you have NOT got a combi boiler, what they have done is to fit a twin pump to boost water to (from what you describe) all the hot taps, the cold taps in the bathroom, & sink unit will be on mains water, pump will then boost hot & cold to shower.

Sorry my fault...I know I have not got a combi boiler I think mines a conventional boiler....what I wanted to know is if did ever get a combi boiler would the water pump have to be totally removed? I just don't want to the a combi boiler and sacrifice the excellent pressure I have already.

Yes pump would have to go, but everything would be on mains pressure

Ok it's making sense to me now....at the moment my cold water tap in the kitchen has very good pressure and as far as I know it's not being powered by the pump because when I turn that tap on the pump stays quiet....so correct me if I'm wrong...if I did get a combi fitted and everything got moved to the mains, would my shower pressure be about the same pressure that my cold water tap is producein at the moment?

Sorry for such a long winded reply!

Simple answer yes, depends on combi output, other thing to consider would be a standard boiler with unvented cylinder, combi is ok but not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
K
Is the set up you have now very poor or are...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back