What combi boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What combi boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcmental

Hi there,just moved into house and there's a fire back Baki Bermuda that I will be removing this weekend,I'm wanting a good combi boiler to have installed,I've asked a few plumber mates and none of them agree on what to fit,I've had Baxi duotec,alpha 28x,ideal logic+ Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA (T)

what at would you recommend?

thanks for any help

chris

I'll only advice you once you promise not to go touching gas appliances. otherwise pick a qualified boiler engineer and take their advice.

RavenheAt? When your pulling out old back boiler just call 0800 111 999 and let them know your going to be cutting into a gas way and expect an uncontrolled escape and will be working from and open end.

They really helpful.

I would stay away from ravanheats as cheap n not great. Out of the few u mentioned I'd defo go for ideal logic plus. Baxi OK to but logic far superior. Also get your gas engineer to advise u controls etc and get prices for work to be done and just remember u get wot u pay for. PLEASE DON'T DISCONNECT YOURSELF that is illegal so get whos qoute u accept in to do work. Its for your own safety and that of the public's.

Don't need to call 0800111999 as I work for them,but thanks for the advice anyway. I've disconnected the gas at the meter as there's a drop on the installation (cooker hose joint has dried out).
id never dream of fitting a boiler myself as ive attended plenty of fatalities in my 22 years working for the gas, I just wondered who was good and who was not good.
cheers

Another option is the ideal vogue. Very good boiler and 10 years parts and labour warranty as well.

Give over, Baxi is basically same as every Baxi combi since the 105 - hardly any difference.

Still ugly, too big and weigh too much, still got the **** case and the crap LEDs, still leak from the same place they always have.

Burner fan and hydroblock identical and the led? U never seen inside or the outside of a duo have you?

Of course I have, I've fitted a few. But by the standard of today's boilers they're antique

Baxi for me every time it might be old bit works a treat

This sort of question always has numerous answers as it is impossible to say which is best. Ask a car enthusiast forum which is the best car and you will get the same tone of replies.

My advice is always to find the best plumber first as even the top of the range boilers can be installed wrong and give huge headaches and cold nights. Once you have found him (or her) ask what they recommend as most have a few they are familiar with and trust in from experience. They will know what the warranty is really like and the after care and also what boiler and controls would suit you.

Hi there,just moved into house and there's a fire back Baki Bermuda that I will be removing this weekend,I'm wanting a good combi boiler to have installed,I've asked a few plumber mates and none of them agree on what to fit,I've had Baxi duotec,alpha 28x,ideal logic+ Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA (T)

what at would you recommend?

thanks for any help

chris

Out of that list, Ideal Logic, by a mile :)

Of course I have, I've fitted a few. But by the standard of today's boilers they're antique
how? hydroblock set up is generic in lots of boilers at least its not plastic,not a fan of plastic parts and its nothing like the 105,innards totally different ,however i think they are losing the plot regarding this new combi on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Bypass issue? I would certainly call Veissmann...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
My apologies, I thought it was in the manual...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back