What the regs regarding moving standard efficiency boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What the regs regarding moving standard efficiency boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Went to quote for a sister of a good customer.
They had old ariston combi in back bedroom and wanted it putting downstairs in pantry. I always thiught you couldnt do it. It had to be a new boiler as its technically a new installation.

Am i right or someone flouti g building regs as im tempted to report em to building control. Sounds petty but hate people flouting regs to get the job.

I would not do it myself. All the work involved in moving it and a bet your bottom dollar you get. It's not been the same since! New ones should be cheaper to run.

Wether or not its wise is a different question from if its permissable.
When i did my Part L this was ok - even though as you say for 500 bar you could get a newun

Very true Phil, but can you still get a flue for it?

Reads like its already done ???
Personally i wouldnt even if i got offered

Last edited by a moderator:
Theyve used existing flue.

Even if it allowed why you would god knows

Quoted new boiler told them you couldnt refit old and to add to story it had been laid on bedroom floor 6 months they said.

It won't like it bet it plays up like a toddler now!

In the overall scheme of things why would you want to refit the old boiler. For the price of a new one it just doesn't make sense. But that's just some people for you.

Ive got a funny feeling someone unregistered has done it as bricks for the flue have been taken out not cored and its l not been cemented i know it not a brilliant reason but every gas man i know round here uses a core drill
Anyhows im gonna have a word with local gsr inspector tomorrow see what his take is on it.

Personally i dont think its safe as flue seals will be fooked and house is gonna be rented out. so the more i think about it the worse it gets.

Personally speaking I would say something. Just because if you said nothing and something happened it leaves you with a clear conscience. I think morally its the thing to do.

Personally speaking I would say something. Just because if you said nothing and something happened it leaves you with a clear conscience. I think morally its the thing to do.

Thanks simon. My feeling is to say something aswell. But i am gonna report to who will be interested. It may cause hassle for me aswell customer(brother)
who passed name on is steward of my local WMC and i get on very well with him but morally it has to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
It always amazes me that to do the right thing you end up with the brown end of the stick.

The way I read it, it's legal as long as its in the foot print of the original house. As in not moved to a new extension.
But moving that peice of tat is a waste of money!

I really cant see the mileage in creating a crap storm. If you know fine well its a builder or someone like a diy'er - then fine. Otherwise id be inclined to let it be. You really need some sort of proof to satisfy your curiosity, a lack of a core drill doesnt do it for me....

As above let it go and say nothing, if you do big piles of brown stuff will land in your lap, and you never know you could get the job of replacing it .

been down this route in the past and building regs officer was happy for a condensing boiler move of a few feet in same room not to be notified, but if it is a major move fm room to room normal rules n regs apply which would mean now you cant reinstall a non condensing boiler.

If you don't think the installation is safe or might have a few major faults, tell the inspector, at the end of the day you didn't get the job of moving it/replacing it and its better off your conscience if something does go wrong

Nobody is going to give a flying fk no matter who you report it to. If its not killing anyone GSR don't care and Building control lare hardly going to send a man round and demand they get it put back where it was or buy a new one.
Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
So today the 1.65gph nozzle finally arrived...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
B
Visual Risk Assessment
Replies
Views
Burger
B
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back