Which heat only boiler..? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which heat only boiler..? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex Knight

First off I am a Gas Safe Engineer, I've just never got round to PM my details sorry.

Parents need a new boiler fitted as their potterton netaheat is beyond economic repair.

We generally just fit glowworms at work, which are fine and is what I will go with unless someone can suggest something else. I have looked at Atag as I have heard good things but having never fitted one myself don't really want to make them get one if it's going to be trouble.

All radiators will be new by the time the boiler goes in which should minimise the amount of sludge in system, but obviously if it still looks bad it will get a good flush out, also new three port and cylinder stat to be fitted.

Boiler will obviously be fitted and registered through the company I work for.

So any suggestions? Cheers Alex.

Worcester RI is a cracking heat only boiler. It would get my vote every time. (And I'm not a Worcester man!!)

Thanks, the only reason the flexicom is first choice at the moment is I'm used to fitting them, and 2nd hand spares would be easy to come by.
We are currently fitting the glowworm energy's but not keen on them tbh

Baxi Eco Blue Advance Heat Only,this is proving to be a cracker of a boiler,no pump over run needed either ,you can get the cheaper version but its only a 2 year warranty,personally i would not fit a glow worm,baxi solo or Worcester EcoBlue Advance Heat

Baxi Eco blue (Advance for warranty) , just fitted one, No P/L required, very easy to use, & very quiet, available with rear flue option

Thanks, the only reason the flexicom is first choice at the moment is I'm used to fitting them, and 2nd hand spares would be easy to come by.
We are currently fitting the glowworm energy's but not keen on them tbh
I fitted a energy yesterday, why didn't you like it? Don't go down the flexicom route in my opinion are rubbish and I've had to repair plenty of them.

Think they are a pain to pipe up compared to flexicom, if they ever have to come of the wall for repair will be bloody awkward. We think they're a step backwards from the flexicom

Think they are a pain to pipe up compared to flexicom, if they ever have to come of the wall for repair will be bloody awkward. We think they're a step backwards from the flexicom
Ah OK interesting, I didn't like the connectors you get to go onto the isolators I prefer when elbows are supplied. Not sure how it would be anymore difficult to remove then a flexicom tho as same bracket.

Ah OK interesting, I didn't like the connectors you get to go onto the isolators I prefer when elbows are supplied. Not sure how it would be anymore difficult to remove then a flexicom tho as same bracket.
Because the nuts on the energy are awkward to get at once the boilers on the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Back