Whining from Combi boiler after replacing a radiator. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whining from Combi boiler after replacing a radiator. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rwade

Boiler Model: Biasi 28s

Problem: Loud whining sound coming from Combi boiler. Not all the time but a majority of the time when either heating is on or hot water is running. Noise suddenly stops when power to boiler is cut.

This has only started shortly after I replaced a bathroom radiator and valves. System was drained and then radiator and valves were removed and replaced with a new. Refilled system till pressure read 1.5bar and blead all radiators and repeated 3 or 4 times. Pressure was rising to 2-2.5bar so turned off and emptied system to 0.5bar and now heating and hot water works fine with pressure rising to 1.5bar when in use.

Issue seems to be getting worse.

Any advice or infomation would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Richard.

Systems are often noisy for a couple of days after being drained down, unless the noise is worrying you just wait a couple of days and it should die down.
If there are manual air vents or an external pump make sure you bleed them aswell as the radiators.
0.5 bar is too low, you should be at 1.0 bar when the system is cold.

Your expansion vessel is probably seen better days too, pressure gains during the heating cycle should be minimal if it's going up by 1 bar the charge in the vessel should be looked at :)

rwade :welcome: Best advice would be to get someone in to give advice. Noise can be heat related or mechanical. Try turning the control stat down see if the noise disappears. That'd indicate heat related. :)

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it but I think I'll get a professional in to have a look, just wanted to see if it was something obvious.

Boiler Model: Biasi 28s

Problem: Loud whining sound coming from Combi boiler. Not all the time but a majority of the time when either heating is on or hot water is running. Noise suddenly stops when power to boiler is cut.

This has only started shortly after I replaced a bathroom radiator and valves. System was drained and then radiator and valves were removed and replaced with a new. Refilled system till pressure read 1.5bar and blead all radiators and repeated 3 or 4 times. Pressure was rising to 2-2.5bar so turned off and emptied system to 0.5bar and now heating and hot water works fine with pressure rising to 1.5bar when in use.

Issue seems to be getting worse.

Any advice or infomation would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Richard.

Did you add inhibitor thereafter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back