Whirring noise coming from boiler/radiator | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whirring noise coming from boiler/radiator in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matchettl01

Hi,

I had a bit of an accident last year and a workman went through one of my heating pipes in the kitchen (I have oil central heating). He fixed the hole but ever since I have had a tapping sound coming from the radiator in the kitchen.
I didn't worry about it as the radiators were heating fine and all were bled.

I have not had the heating on for a few weeks as the weather has been good and I was low on oil. I got the tank refilled and started to use the heating a few days later but I now seem to have a loud whirring noise which comes and gos every couple of minutes which I assume is coming from the boiler.

The boiler is only approx 5 years old. I wanted to get some advise on here before i started to phone around plumbers or heating engineers.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi,

I had a bit of an accident last year and a workman went through one of my heating pipes in the kitchen (I have oil central heating). He fixed the hole but ever since I have had a tapping sound coming from the radiator in the kitchen.
I didn't worry about it as the radiators were heating fine and all were bled.

I have not had the heating on for a few weeks as the weather has been good and I was low on oil. I got the tank refilled and started to use the heating a few days later but I now seem to have a loud whirring noise which comes and gos every couple of minutes which I assume is coming from the boiler.

The boiler is only approx 5 years old. I wanted to get some advise on here before i started to phone around plumbers or heating engineers.

Thanks,

Laura

Welcome to the forums Laura, can you remember the last time the boiler was serviced?

Not trying to sell you a service however a service will ensure everything is set up and adjusted correctly and could actually save you money in the long run.

Well I was advised by the heating guys to get it done yearly but i haven't since the new one was put in, just keep forgetting!

I know what you mean as it does need a service but I am just concerned the issues are coming from the burst pipe and it may be a bigger problem?

Thanks,

Laura

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Try this link Laura, no cowboys here and pretty sure there is a member in Belfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start...
Replies
Views
Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a...
Replies
Views
hello Chris. Thank you for your reply . I have...
Replies
Views
Would an open hot water tap / open radiator...
Replies
Views
Back