Will my new shower work with my current boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Will my new shower work with my current boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bergs69

I currently have a headline vizo24 which I have had for 6 years and never had a problem with. I want to buy a new thermostatic shower which also has 4 power jets and want to know if the boiler is powerful enough to work the shower and jets. I currently have a thermos tic shower and have no problems but am worried the boiler might not produce enough water pressure for the water jets. Boiler stats are 24kw and works on 1.5 bar of water pressure. The shower description says works on a minimum of 1 bar water pressure but can anyone advise me if my current boiler will do the job or should I just buy the shower without water jets etc. Thks in advance

Your just lucky to not have any issues in 4 years? Too small really. You want 16 to 25 lpm so cylinder or a beast of a boiler

The pressure is fine, but you won't get enough flow-rate through a 24kw combi to make body jets work as desired.

The boiler will give you about 9 litres per min at 35degree C temperature rise. Thats a moderate flow for an ordinary shower head, but woefully inadequate for head + multiple jets. Hard to say for sure without seeing the exact spec of the jets, but I suspect that they will need something like twice or three times the flowrate than what the 24kw vizo will give you.

Think 1.5 bar was system pressure!

In which case, there is another potential reason to not go there.

Sorry to say this, but the Heatline Vizo is what the Top Gear team would have used if they featured "a star in a reasonably priced combi boiler".

In which case, there is another potential reason to not go there.

Sorry to say this, but the Heatline Vizo is what the Top Gear team would have used if they featured "a star in a reasonably priced combi boiler".

Reasonably priced? U got them on buy one get a free ideal logic replacement for year 5 £100 again?

Your possibly best merchant in world

Thanks Ray, your answer is really appreciated, will definitely just go with the shower head and forget about the jets

Thks for your reply, unfortunately I had a cowboy builder who renovated the whole flat as cheap and nasty as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
    • Agree
    • Funny
Bummer. There must be loads of these seats...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
hello Chris. Thank you for your reply . I have...
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back