Worcester bosch 24i junior boiler losing signal any ideas? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester bosch 24i junior boiler losing signal any ideas? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gibson033

We have a 6 year old Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior boiler. Recently the signal between the receiver on the boiler and the roomstat in the living room is ittermittently beign lost, it can go a couple of days working fine, then say on on evening if we increase the temp on the roomstat the signal will be lost and the boiler will go off(the antenna symbol, CH symbol and colon all flash on the boiler indicating lost signal) , the receiver does not need to be reset for the signal to be re-established it does it itself sometimes or sometimes we turn the temp on the roomstat down then back up again and the boiler will fire back up. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? There is no battery warning on the roomstat to say the batteries are low, pressure all ok on boiler too.

neighbours wireless link to printers and broadband can interupt signal, receiver/sender to close to big metal framed mirror or the like

Have you changed the batteries? I know you said the low battery warning is not on but that's the first thing I would do. If you have then has anything changed? Position of furniture etc?
It could be that the transmitter is starting to fail. I've replaced a few on these boilers before.

Have you changed the batteries? I know you said the low battery warning is not on but that's the first thing I would do. If you have then has anything changed? Position of furniture etc?
It could be that the transmitter is starting to fail. I've replaced a few on these boilers before.
Acknowledge with that. Have been on many occasions where no low battery warning has been present and still it has only stopped malfunctioning at a change of batteries.
Other than that you got a good list of HF sources that can upset it already.
I would like to add close mobile phone stations or even better a neighbor that pulls an unshielded wire from the aerial socket to the TV.
This way I got my Central Locking remote control jammed. Thought it was broken but everytime I was at home it would not do a thing otherwise it worked fine.
Pretty much any HF signal that is strong enough can blind your receiver.
Switched power supplies in specific elder models are known too to cause strange effects sometimes on other devices.

As CES the transmitters fail on occasion, but give battery's a go first just in case.

You may have to re-establish the link between the timer and the stat if you take the batteries out, if I remember correctly the sequence is:

Remove batteries from stat and have it within a metre of the boiler
Press set 4 times
Press ok
Press set 4 times
Press +
Insert batteries
It should return to normal with the link established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
You need a GSRI to replace it sorry thats the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
Back