1 Boiler provided by warm front being shared by two studio flats??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 1 Boiler provided by warm front being shared by two studio flats??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave M

Hi, i just need a bit of advice.

I've been awarded a gas central heating system via the warm front grant.

Have blagged them on behalf of my landlord to fit brand new radiators, piping and labour across 2 flats. (mine is being split into 2).

The landlords plumber is now suggesting the two studio flats 'Share' the boiler for the gas central heating system.

How can this work?

The landlord has suggested including heating bills in the rent.

Getting a splitter meter???

fitting his own boiler.

hmmm...
As the government is spending money on me, it is effectivly my money, so i just want what i'm paying for really.

1 boiler running 3 radiators possibly (in my hed anyway) cost as much as one running 5 as this is what they are designed to do. + if 2 people are sharing = potential 'hot water' &heating always on.

Still not happy with the idea of sharing my bills with anyone.

Should i pull the plug on this project and get a re survey done?

(only found out yesterday and did not go to bed very happy)

wud really appreciate some advice as amn abit upset about all this really, don't know whats going on, what to do or whether i'm being duped.

(A bit like when i got the place really). (no central heating system, washing machine (bought and fitted that my self :) :) (it was easy), no shower, 1 storage heater for whol place, attic bedroom with no loft insulation, dodgy roof, rotton windows).

Still did the garden up and painted everywhere 4 him.

Have just completed H.N.C. in building studys.

Last edited by a moderator:
suggest you keep it all to your self if possible there will be tears before bedtime some where along the line ie having to take time off from work so you give access for servicing repairs etc no access if you are away on holiday etc then problems over splitting the bills in my own opinion get it re surveyed 2flats 2 systems good luck regards turnpin:)

just clocked the date of this post seems I was a little to quick with my two pennoth hopefully you made your decision to your advantage...regardsturnpin if your stll out there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back