1 for commercial guys | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 1 for commercial guys in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

G

gaspastemania

Their is prob nothing in it but should a commercial gas meter be doing a single appliance (worcester 24 gsi combi) which is probably 4 meters away at most ???
Come across it today whilst doing something else.

I've seen big meter doing little things. Gas boards problem. The letby rate can sometimes be more than the appliance. But I've never worried about it

What meter is it?

At a glance it looked like a ug/g4 type meter about size of washing machine ,2 inch iron coming off it immediately reduced to 22mm copper with the boiler about 4 metres away .Thought supplier would have sorted which is why i noticed it .

At a glance it looked like a ug/g4 type meter about size of washing machine ,2 inch iron coming off it immediately reduced to 22mm copper with the boiler about 4 metres away .Thought supplier would have sorted which is why i noticed it .

Sounds like a u160. It just means that they will not get charged much for their gas. I think these meter can pass about .5m3/h

Ex commercial premises has been downsized hence just the 24 gsi now there but would have thought the supplier would have been notified about meter . Was one of those when your doing something else non trade related then notice that . looked obscure as when i have seen this it is normally doing a commercial related appliance/appliances.

Ex commercial premises has been downsized hence just the 24 gsi now there but would have thought the supplier would have been notified about meter . Was one of those when your doing something else non trade related then notice that . looked obscure as when i have seen this it is normally doing a commercial related appliance/appliances.

I've seen a mp turbine meter serving a f24b

So you dont have to downsize meter for domestic appliance??

No. It will run the appliance.

You could inform supplier. But I would of thought that they wouldn't give two hoots

Do you get alot of work with commercial then??

It's all I do. I used to be all dom. But made the move over and haven't looked back. I do miss the banter in the houses. But when changing a 3 port valve needs 24"s and 4 hours work. I prefer that

Just one thing to watch, with the big diaphragm meters it is easy to exceed the 0.035 m3 total installation volume 'domestic' limit, which may mean a different tightness test and purge may be required along with the appropriate ACS qualification.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Clearly you have a Domestic Gas installation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Friend of mine works at an ACS centre and it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your advice. The tap is a little...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Back