100cm2 Air Vent for Back Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 100cm2 Air Vent for Back Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SGHUK

Hi All,

I've recently had my back boiler serviced by British Gas and they have advised that new regulations state we must now have 100cm2 air vent through our wall as apposed to the one that we currently have that goes thought our floor, I have been advised that the ideal one would be a 100cm2 Core Vent which can be found on this site model BM418 http://www.stadium-ventilation.co.uk/vents/downloads/Blue_leaflet_New.pdf however the site states it comes with an anti draft baffle which when fitted reduces the free area to 70cm2 , if I have this with the baffle fitted will this not meet the regulations specified or will this be acceptable,

Please advise,

Kind Regards,

Aiden

Having the baffle fitted means it's still classified as AT RISK. It can be removed very easily. U should have a vent, it's essential for the boiler to have this additional airflow and it states so in the manufacturers instructions. So 100cm2 is reqd, 70cm2 Is obviously well under

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, this may sound stupid but what exactly is the anti draft baffle? if its the end bit then if i was to remove it wouldn't I be left with a big hole?

its a piece(s) of plastic in the vent inside that stops direct access from one side to the other of air ie stops air rushing through the vent directly

what back boiler model is it?we can work out the exact requirements for example a baxi burmuda 552 with a gf fire requires 100cm2(5inch) ventilation,however if you have a baxi burmuda 401 it requires 80 cm2(4 inch) ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
In addition to the points others have made...
Replies
Views
Back