110mm Soil pipe to ensuite | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 110mm Soil pipe to ensuite in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,

I am adding an ensuite to our bedroom. The new 110mm soil pipe run (Grey in diagram) is approx 6m long and enters the building beneath a timber suspended floor. The 90 degree bends are swept.

I am assuming it would be a good idea to vent the pipe above the new toilet with an air admittance valve that I could run up to the loft (bungalow)?.

My main quistion is where is best to connect the waste from the shower and basin. I know it is best to run 2 separate pipes to the vertical stack but that would be a nightmare. I was thinking running 50mm combined waste and connecting somewhere on the 3.5M run with a boss at 10 o clock. Most likely toward the end as the pipe is running between 2 joists by the time it gets to the new toilet.

Whats the best practise in this situation?

Would it also be a good idea to add an air admittance valve to the 50mm shower and basin waste (would this prevent siphoning of the traps)?

fm4axw.jpg

Many Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to building control and they said it is not notifiable. They were not much help, said they could only advise me on existing applications. Also pulled this from their website:

ei2pno.jpg

Thanks again guys.

But this is a new en-suite / bathroom which is best to call them again and say it’s a new bathroom

If they still say it’s not can you please forward me that in an email many thanks etc

ermm .. Its a roller door ;):D, ill work on my technical drawing skills.

I will call them again tomorrow and see what they say, it does say it is exempt on their website though.

I'm based in Scotland, could be different rules. Council is West Lothian for the curious among you.

Thanks again.

ahhh thats why crack on

What worries me is the fall. At nearly 6m it's a long way.
Personally, I'd put a tee in for the WC and then reduce down to 50mm to outside to under the soffit. So long as it's not near an opening window that can be both vent and inlet.
Then you tee into the 50mm with a 40mm for the shower and 32mm for the basin - obvs all in solvent weld and properly supported under floor.
There would never be a problem then with traps

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
A 110mm coupling and the adapter...
Replies
Views
Back