14,15mm pipe for central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 14,15mm pipe for central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect.
2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the pump running, tho I can't say that means is actually pumping water., I will take pipe off expansion tank to see if blocked. I tried 2,3 times bleeding, no difference. I can see motor driving 4 way valve to heating position, I can't say that means valve actually moves the press in system is crazy its sensor based instead of proper guage, by the way this is gas system, tank in garden. Not sure I can get loop tester on pump cables to see if it shows a load as it takes up pumping?
I think
1 check expansion tank pipe is clear
2 check pressure for bladder side is 0.8 bar as specc
3 remove pump see if impellor ok
4 remove, check 4 way valve has no blockege and does cover un cover correct ports.
5 possibly look at hose pipe to highest rad, all starts, wide open, try to flush back, tho water drained from system was clear except last few ltre.
Of note in this house the pipework for living room 3 v old c. I. Rads comes from 2 Nd level as of now that can't be drained without opening pipework at rads base then clearing the mess. I will look for drain valve to fit and hose pipe to outside

Any first check advise or further ideas. Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
It has dropped after isolating. Bugger
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back