£150 to fit a boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss £150 to fit a boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LPC

I did a landlords gas safety inspection the other morning, and ID'd 1 appliance (an Ideal Mexico), AR'd another (gas fire) and NCS for a water heater. The chimney on the Mexico had seen some sort of collapse. It was only used for the heating and there was a water heater nearby for the water.

I said to the landlord (on the phone) the easiest way around this was take the Mexico and Water Heater out (they are in the same room), put a combi where the water heater was. She said fine and for me to go around asap and do a quote. I WAS going around tomorrow.

She in the meantime had a very well local engineer firm in (they have 2 guys 2 vans) who quoted £150 to take out both appliances and fit a Worcester combi (£800).

£150.

I would have quoted around £550. It's 2 days work for 1 man to do it properly.

Thoughts?

i got a mate who does it for that all the time , drives me up the wall as he just says some money is better than none !!!

150 though for all other materials , chemicals etc they'll be lucky to be breaking even

150 though for all other materials , chemicals etc they'll be lucky to be breaking even

Exactly what I thought. Materials have got to be around £100 at least. Maybe they're strapped for work and just want to be working? Either way, not good for us if there are people out there sticking boilers in for less than minimum wage.

Exactly what I thought. Materials have got to be around £100 at least. Maybe they're strapped for work and just want to be working? Either way, not good for us if there are people out there sticking boilers in for less than minimum wage.

Land lord wasn't trying his luck? Probably not GSR, have no fga as throw it in in 6 hrs on a 15mm supply. Condensate into gutter 21.5 externally?

This time of year we should not be scratching around for work.....very sad state for the business and us.....:thinking:.....especially if we let landlords dictate terms

If they've nicked all the stuff off site or wherever it's a big bonus for them. You can bet that the system won't be flushed and boiler won't be registered so if the landlord calls you back to put their work right, then you should make them pay and hopefully they will learn.

150 is far too cheap! And so was your proposed 550!!

cold weather is here, and the prices go up :p

Ripping out a back breaker Mexico! Plus brick up old holes, rip out water heater, possible upgrade gas... Plus condense, boiler controls trv's? A lot of work there..e

Ripping out a back breaker Mexico! Plus brick up old holes, rip out water heater, possible upgrade gas... Plus condense, boiler controls trv's? A lot of work there..e

Forgetting cylinder or possibly 3ft square box of gold (elson tank) 28mm primaries??

Right i've actually just spoken to her again. She has spoken to the guy again and it is £800 for the boiler (Worcester 24i Junior), £150 labour + materials of £120.

Still, way way cheaper than I would do it for. I should add that this guy/firm is a very well known where I live with nice vans and a decent reputation (well, I haven't heard/seen any horror stories)

ring him up and ask him if you know who he is ? ask how much to change a combi like for like and then you will now that landlord is playing games

ring him up and ask him if you know who he is ? ask how much to change a combi like for like and then you will now that landlord is playing games
She knows that I know him. See him in the merchants all the time but don't know him well enough to start asking questions like that. I'm not a loud, tea-swilling showman like most of the guys in the merchants and this guy is very much like that. Generally I buy my stuff and get out.

There's another firm in my town with 3-4 vans and I know they did a combi swap for my wifes friend (+condensate, a tricky one too) for £300, inc materials. They installed an Ideal Pro Combi with a 9-year guarantee. Her total cost was £900 or something. I didn't even quote her, just told her to go for it.

use these monkeys to do your work and you can stay at home with them grafting and u earning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
It’s called experience! You’re welcome, glad...
Replies
Views
Leave 8 off and make sure the programmers is...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Ideal Vouge 32 kw would suit 10 year...
Replies
Views
Back