15mm into 22mm into 15mm into 22mm heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 15mm into 22mm into 15mm into 22mm heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a a 3 story house with a combi boiler on the top floor and a crawl space under ground floor. The heating on the ground floor is rubbish and looking under the floor the pipes are a bodged mess of 15mm copper, 15mm plastic, 10mm copper and 10mm plastic, that is uninsulated and slowly leaking. So I just want to replace the ground floor piping for 6 big radiators.

The question - The heating circuit comes into the ground floor crawl space as 15mm copper. Can I/should I attach this to 22mm and run it round the ground floor with short runs of 15mm copper to the radiators. Or should I just use 15mm copper because the top 2 floors are all 15mm copper and the ground floor is at the end of the circuit?

Thanks

It depends on the heat output required but sounds like you need 22mm from the boiler to the ground floor.
What boiler do you have?
How many radiators in total?

22mm from boiler, 6 big radiators wont run effectively off of a 15mm supply. From memory, 13000 btu is 15mm maxed out.

Similar plumbing topics

Pipework looks fine maybe try balancing the rads ?
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
Just a quick update on the thread. Managed to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Back