15mm pipe at bath from central heating boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 15mm pipe at bath from central heating boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, First post here...

My son is currently doing up his house and just had new CH Boiler/rads fitted but the hot pipe outlet from the boiler is a 15mm pipe and goes to the bath, kitchen sink and bathroom wasbasin, now I would have thought it should be 22mm out to the bath and reduced down to 15mm for the sink & wasbasin.

Original pipework is 15mm for some reason? and this is what it has been connected to.

Intending to replum bathroom and fit new bathroom suite (easy access as it's above kitchen and currently no kitchen ceiling due to previous burst pipe.

should we put in 22mm pipework from hot water outlet of boiler?

thanks

Hi, First post here...

My son is currently doing up his house and just had new CH Boiler/rads fitted but the hot pipe outlet from the boiler is a 15mm pipe and goes to the bath, kitchen sink and bathroom wasbasin, now I would have thought it should be 22mm out to the bath and reduced down to 15mm for the sink & wasbasin.

Original pipework is 15mm for some reason? and this is what it has been connected to.

Intending to replum bathroom and fit new bathroom suite (easy access as it's above kitchen and currently no kitchen ceiling due to previous burst pipe.

should we put in 22mm pipework from hot water outlet of boiler?

thanks
I would

Do you know the model of boiler and kw size ?

Standard size pipe from a combi boiler is 15mm so if you have a combi its pointless running 22mm pipe

Exactly if it’s a combi they can only produce xx amount of hot water so I’d leave it

Thanks for the reply guys..

If it's any help it's a Worcester 36CDI Compact REP Condensing Combi boiler

cheers

OK..Thanks again for all your input and advice 15mm it will stay we're Sparkies so it's good to get the right advice
.cheers

OK..Thanks again for all your input and advice 15mm it will stay we're Sparkies so it's good to get the right advice
.cheers

You kept that quiet about being Sparkies ! If we had known that we wouldent have told you anything !! :p:p:p:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back