180º bend in Soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 180º bend in Soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheapskate

hi

I want to replace my current low-level WC with a smaller close coupled one. The issue shown in the photo is that the current soil pipe is too far out from the back wall (240mm) and would mean that the close coupled pan would sit proud. I have mocked up a couple of ideas but they both rely on a large bend at the start (straight out the back of the new pan, turn right, then right again).

I will box in as tight as possible, so the 2nd is better in that respect, though a lot more work moving the pipe.

Do either of these look like sensible ideas? Or do you have any other suggestions? I am willing to twist the entire soil pipe from the stack so that it enters the bathroom at 45º as shown in the 2nd photo. (All I need to do is support a window in the process....!).

thanks,

the second option looks best i assume your moving pan to left at the same time ?if not you can extend between the 45 and the ninty

hi yes I'm moving the pan to the right in the image. so it will connect at the end of the 'virtual pipes' :)

My main issue is seeing if I can have a 90º + 45º bend as close together as that. Of course a combined unit would be better, not sure if they are available. will search

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget if you put in a smaller pan you may end up with your dangly bits in the water

Also consider a swans neck conector. Im sure if you google you will find a pic of one but basicly it looks like a question mark.

Not sure 100% if it will get the pan back far enough but worth a look.

edit:found one KWICKFIT 90" Swan Neck

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, if you use the swan neck fitting as above and take the pan back as far as you an can you not box in behind the cistern down to the floor, this would be a lot easier and cheaper, but i guess if you are struggling for space you dont have many options. good luck, post a pic when all done please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate, thats really helpful photo, and...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Back