1960's council house toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 1960's council house toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Mates council house has original toilet. Cast iron external downpipe and teh soil pipe that connects to the toilet is painted white (probably painted an dpainted etc.) Now, as it's not the usual 110mm modern pipe how do we chane the toilet, how does it come apart as it looks like it will snap? Do we just break the pipe at the back, remove topilet erc. and renew external down pipe with modern which we can then put into house etc. and connect easily as per a modern system.

All help very welcomed.

Thanks

soil pipe will be lead i think, i could be talking absolute rubbish but i believe you just need a 'no.1' pan connector. I could be wrong, the guy i work for orders all the gear but im sure thats what there called :)

To me, one day someone has to bite the bullet and change the whole shooting match (new soil pipe and connection to drain, etc). Should only take a builder and plumber one day. (I know it's possible on your own but probably more sensible and much easier with two people.)

Hi Friends

Mates council house has original toilet. Cast iron external downpipe and teh soil pipe that connects to the toilet is painted white (probably painted an dpainted etc.) Now, as it's not the usual 110mm modern pipe how do we chane the toilet, how does it come apart as it looks like it will snap? Do we just break the pipe at the back, remove topilet erc. and renew external down pipe with modern which we can then put into house etc. and connect easily as per a modern system.

All help very welcomed.

Thanks

are you sure its cast? not lead or asbestos?

soil pipe will be lead i think, i could be talking absolute rubbish but i believe you just need a 'no.1' pan connector. I could be wrong, the guy i work for orders all the gear but im sure thats what there called :)
thats 2 votes.
think its 4'' lead.

rip it out weigh it in use cash to buy new plastic job done probably for nought
but its unlikley to be lead in a sixties house more likly cast or pitch fibre

Last edited:
sounds like 3 1/2" lead, you get a 3 1/2 " soil extender made by (multikwik)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
B
I have a similar problem but the waste goes...
Replies
Views
FK Toilet
F
Many thanks Ben, points taken. Geberit, it's...
Replies
Views
Heard nothing from the housebuilders today...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back