2 Bed Flat – Combi Boiler Recommendations | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 2 Bed Flat – Combi Boiler Recommendations in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sometimesuk

Hi all,

I’ve decided to replace my existing Ravenheat RSF 820 / 20 boiler as it constantly loses water pressure when the central heating is on and the boiler makes funny noises, as it its under strain. I also thought it would be a good opportunity to get a more efficient boiler.

I’m single and live in a 2 bed 1960’s purpose built maisonette type flat. The boiler will mostly be used for heating, hot water for washing dishes and the occasional bath (I have an electric shower)

Can someone recommend me a decent boiler, as different people have their own opinions. Are there any rules of thumbs? I have spoken to a plumber who has told me the new Ravenheat’s are a bit “tinny” and that I should go for a British made boiler like Baxi, who keep parts in stock after the boiler has been discontinued.

I have been looking at the Baxi Due-tec 24 HE at £650 (2 year warrenty) or the Baxi Platinun 24HE £825 (5 year warranty).

Do you think it’s worth paying extra money for the 5-year warranty?

Personally, I was thinking £825 + parts and fitting etc, is expensive for just a two bed flat, but I would rather just pay for something decent in the first place, rather than regret it later.

Thanks

broag remeha are relieable boilers and they come with a five year warranty. They are part of the baxi group.

baxi are a good choice mate, or go for a main eco 25 its a little cheaper and is part of baxi group and if installer registers online you get 2yr warranty.

but if you like the idea of warranty find a worcester accredited installer and ask for a worcester 25si you will get a nice 7year warranty!

DONT GET ANOTHER RAVEN HEAT WHATEVER YOU DECIDE, THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE BOILER INDUSTRY!

to be honest you will get a few opinions on her but stick to the main 3 companys and you wont go wrong

worcester bosch
vaillant
Baxi group which includes
baxi
potterton
main
rehmeha

i think you will get a resounding opinion on here that all a pritty good choice

Thanks for the replies.

I'll cost the various models up and then make a decision.

Someone in the screwfix forum, suggested I try a "system sealer" first. I'm not sure what that is, but if its reasonably cheap, I might give that ago.

I'll have a think about it. I forgot to mention that the underside of the boiler is sometimes damp / wet where it has been leaking. Whatever the problem is, It has gradually got worse, as 4 years ago when I first moved into the flat, I remember the previous owner telling me, not to let the boiler pressure drop below a certain point.

Do you think, he has previously used a "system sealer" as a stop gap measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the info. Flow rates are something...
Replies
Views
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for the replies. The combi is an...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back